Windows 10: Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode

Discus and support Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 7 32bit 7601 Recently Outlook 2013 has stopped receiving emails or is receiving emails inconstantly. I have checked and rechecked the server... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JDubbedN, Aug 1, 2020.

1. JDubbedN Win User

Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode

Windows 7 32bit 7601

Recently Outlook 2013 has stopped receiving emails or is receiving emails inconstantly. I have checked and rechecked the server settings with Spectrum email and everything checks out and I get the emails just fine on my iphone using the same server settings. I uninstalled AVAST, quick repaired and fully repaired MS Office 2013 as well as completely reinstalled office, started Outlook in safemode and disabled all add-ins in normal mode. I even click the send and receive button but no emails come through. After weeks of trial and error the only way I have been able receive emails temporarily is to toggle Outlooks offline mode. When I toggle it off, then on again emails come through immediately for a certain period of time. Then I will notice emails don't come through anymore so I toggle Outlook's offline mode again and 20 emails come through as if the emails were stuck or as if Outlook automatically goes into offline mode even though it says it is not. Oddly enough I can send emails just fine with no delay. So sending of emails works perfectly and without issue even when receiving emails doesn't work.

I am stumped. Any suggestions?

List of things I have done so far:

1. I uninstalled AVAST so there is no more antivirus software currently installed or turned on.
    2. Performed a quick repair and full repaire of MS Office 2013 through control panel using the "change button".
    3. Completely reinstalled MS Office 2013.
    4. Started Outlook in safemode.
    5. Disabled all add-ins in normal mode.
    6. Clicking the send and receive button but no emails come through.
    7. Checked and rechecked server settings.
    8. Sending of emails works fine even when receiving emails doesn't work.
    9. Created a new Outlook profile and problem persists.

:)

JDubbedN, Aug 1, 2020
  2. sstaubin Win User

Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

After starting up Windows 10 from shutdown, Outlook 2013 freezes trying to receive email. If I restart Windows 10, Outlook works.

Interesting to note: The start up from shutdown is very quick--about 1 minute, but the restart takes between 3 - 5 minutes.

Are there any thoughts why this is happening and any suggested fixes?

sstaubin, Aug 1, 2020
  3. robgr Win User
    Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013

Hi,
    I have Office 2016 but have to use Outlook 2013 due to Exchange limitations for my corporate email account
    All works well except when choosing default applications the list only has Outlook 2016
    This is a problem as I want to configure the MAILTO (URL:MailTo) protocol to Outlook 2013 (the version I use)
    I can't have both versions running together so how can I edit the list/select Outlook 2013 when choosing the default apps for email/MAILTO?

robgr, Aug 1, 2020
  4. hajen Win User

Windows 10 + Office 365: Outlook automatically in offline-mode

Hi,

I'm a tech on a site with tens of thousands of computers running Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17763.1282) and I just got a call from a customer saying Outlook is in offline-mode. This is easy to fix, I just go to "Send / Receive" and exit offline-mode and everything works again. However, customer claims that Outlook automatically toggles Offline-mode on and have done so multiple times last week. This is confirmed by my colleagues.

After some research at Google the answer seem to be that the customer is guaranteed to toggle it themselves using a hotkey, probably without them knowing they do so. However it does seem unlikely because this machine is only used for Outlook and the customer is working primarily on another machine.

I ask you if you know any reason at all for Outlook toggling Offline-mode. If not, are there any logs I can take a closer look at? Is the only solution to install a keylogger and see if the user is indeed triggering it with the hotkeys?

Edit: Clarification: Outlook is open at all times and then spontaneously Offline-mode is activated. When opening Outlook it is always online.

Kind regards from Sweden

hajen, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode - Similar Threads - receiving emails Outlook

2. Outlook stopped receiving emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook stopped receiving emails: About 1 month ago, my outlook programme just stopped receiving emails Any suggestions re why, and how can I correct that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-stopped-receiving-emails/b304d3d4-e228-4ee5-a578-a545ea8bd182
  3. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  4. Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update: Since the June/July Outlook update, I cannot Receive or Send emails from my Yahoo.com account. I have checked all the top level settings, however the last time this occured 9 months ago, the Microsoft agent reset some of the settings on a page I do not recognize or know how...
  5. Can't Receive Emails in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Receive Emails in Outlook: Yesterday I noticed that I was able to receive emails in Outlook but they will not send. I went into my webmail account and was able to send emails from there - even to myself. When I try to send them from Outlook I receive the following error message: Task *** Email...
  6. Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply: I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I...
  7. Outlook 2013 and email links...

Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  8. Outlook 2013 almost never find an email...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 almost never find an email...: hey guys, Ages ago i used XOBNI to search for email adresses, now with Outlook 2013 this is no longer possible. When i open Outlook and type a search i hardly ever get an answer. So does anyone know/use a good search program? I tried to install LOOKEEN, but...
  9. Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup: After starting up Windows 10 from shutdown, Outlook 2013 freezes trying to receive email. If I restart Windows 10, Outlook works. Interesting to note: The start up from shutdown is very quick--about 1 minute, but the restart takes between 3 - 5 minutes. Are there any...
  10. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...