Windows 10: Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

Discus and support Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I can sign in to my Microsoft account on my trusted devices. However, if I try to sign in on another computer it asks for my phone number and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mrnighttime, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

Hello,

I can sign in to my Microsoft account on my trusted devices. However, if I try to sign in on another computer it asks for my phone number and tells me the phone number or is incorrect. I have verified my email address and phone number are entered correctly. When I sign in on a trusted device and try to my account information so I can verify my phone number the system says it will send an email or text to my email or phone number. I have tried both options. Before anyone asks. No, I do not have my phone set to block any numbers and No, the emails are not going to my spam folder.

Next, I tried the "I don't have any of these options" when I try to reenter my phone number or email I get a message that says they are already associated with my account, so I know they are entered correctly. I have searched online for hours and tried several options to no avail and while I know account security is important I am frustrated with the lack of alternatives.

As there are no options below fro Microsoft Account or Other I just picked Windows 10

:)

mrnighttime, Sep 18, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 18, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 18, 2019
  4. webJockey Win User

Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

email account hacked. please help

Thanks MailMan78. Just did what BarbaricSoul said but I am still receiving spam from my own account, don't know what to do. I have contacted yahoo about issue and to restore my emails. Also now yahoo offers "Step two verification"

webJockey, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

1. Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security. - Similar Threads - receiving emails texts

2. Not receiving account verification texts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  3. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  4. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese: I have been recieving Emails in Chinese for awhile and have never used my devices in any language but English. My country is set to United states, prefered lanugage is set to English in all 3 Language Info options. I have verified my Microsoft accounts launguage setting are...
  6. receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese

receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese: I have been recieving Emails in Chinese for awhile and have never used my devices in any language but English. My country is set to United states, prefered lanugage is set to English in all 3 Language Info options. I have verified my Microsoft accounts launguage setting are...
  7. reset emails not received , hence an not access my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset emails not received , hence an not access my account: Not receiving reset emails to gain access to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-emails-not-received-hence-an-not-access-my/2bc3fc25-b97c-4b84-b9e8-3a859f20886d
  8. reset emails not received , hence an not access my account

reset emails not received , hence an not access my account: Not receiving reset emails to gain access to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-emails-not-received-hence-an-not-access-my/2bc3fc25-b97c-4b84-b9e8-3a859f20886d
  9. Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.

Not receiving emails on my Gmail account.: I am receiving mail on my gmail account via my Apple Ipad and Android mobile phone but they have stopped on my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/0d5d9170-70fc-418f-8b45-e8bc826c91b7
  10. receiving emails on my gmail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    receiving emails on my gmail account: Hello. I'm not receiving any emails on my gmail account on my pc. I can only access them from my phone. Any tips? Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-emails-on-my-gmail-account/c545838f-6acf-4424-bcae-ce2f1202fec0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access not received email writing