Windows 10: not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

Discus and support not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rosie Mctavish, Sep 6, 2018.

1. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome

:)

Rosie Mctavish, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Tony K Win User

Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email

@mooreted

Is all ok within Settings gear (click/tap) within the app? > click/tap Manage Accounts > click/tap each individual account > You should see as below. Are those settings correct?

not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail [​IMG]

Tony K, Sep 6, 2018
  3. desertman Win User
    Sound for incoming emails

Yes, I have (and had) Notifications - Show in action center on and a checkmark at Play a sound - but don't get a sound for incoming mails.

However, I don't have Mail listed in Settings - Privacy - Let apps run in the background and also not in Settings System - Notifications & actions - Show notifications from these apps. In the first setting other applications are listed (but Mail is not one of them), in the second setting no application is listed and it only says "No apps have provided notifications yet".

Just to clarifiy it - I also don't get a sound for incoming emails when Mail is the active foreground application.

desertman, Sep 6, 2018
  4. desertman Win User

not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

Sound for incoming emails

Hello Forum,

I would like to disable all Windows 10 system sounds except for the sound for incoming emails in Mail. I tried to do this but failed. I went to Settings - Personalization - Themes - Advanced sound settings, changed the Sound Theme to No Sounds and then changed New Mail Notification from Non to a sound. Clicked Apply and OK. However, there is no sound for incoming mails in Mail.

How can I have a sound for incoming mails in Mail (and everything else quiet)?

Thanks -

desertman, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

1. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail - Similar Threads - receiving incoming email

2. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  3. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  4. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  5. Windows Mail: Incoming Mail

Windows Mail: Incoming Mail: For some contacts in my address book, I don't see the Name / Surname appear in the inbox section. Even if in the "Contacts" section I have registered the person with his Name / Surname / Email, when I receive their emails I do not see the person's Name / Surname but only his...
  6. Windows Mail does not Receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail does not Receive emails: I have a refurbished laptop I am setting up for family member and having trouble with receiving inbound emails. I want to emphasize that it will send emails with no issues.OS is Windows 10 ProI am sending it emails from from my laptop and I am sending to other email accounts...
  7. Windows Mail does not Receive emails

Windows Mail does not Receive emails: I have a refurbished laptop I am setting up for family member and having trouble with receiving inbound emails. I want to emphasize that it will send emails with no issues.OS is Windows 10 ProI am sending it emails from from my laptop and I am sending to other email accounts...
  8. Windows Mail does not Receive emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail fails to receive incoming emails from Google account: I wish to use the Windows App Mail to receive emails from my Googlemail account on a brand new Dell laptop. It fails to receive although it does send emails. There is no reason why there should be any chance of corrupt files or installation - it is brand new! The account...
  10. Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email: Using the Windows 10 native mail app with my Outlook.com account any email sent to me goes into a folder with my email address. Nothing ever shows up in the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to change that? 73891

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook will not receive emails windows 10

2. cant receieve incoming messages on windows 10 mail

3. windows mail no incoming emails

4. windows maILL NOT RECIEVING INCOMING EMAIL,
  5. no incoming emails on windows mail