Windows 10: Not Receiving Outlook 2019 Notifications

Discus and support Not Receiving Outlook 2019 Notifications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Uninstalled 2010, rebooted, and installed 2019. Outlook give no notifications and does not show in Settings > Notifications and actions. Only Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Frizzlefry3030, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Not Receiving Outlook 2019 Notifications

Uninstalled 2010, rebooted, and installed 2019. Outlook give no notifications and does not show in Settings > Notifications and actions. Only Chrome and default Windows apps show. Notifications is on and works with other various apps.

I have reinstalled Windows, I have repaired Office, reinstalled Office, I have verified the alert option is checked in Outlook's options, checked group policy, sent test email, and Windows is up to date. I have also followed a guide on replacing possibly corrupted Start Menu shortcuts and confirming it isn't blocked in the registry.

Notifications do work for other programs, and my coworkers have installed the same 2019 install and it works for both of them. No matter what I do, Outlook will not show up in Notifications and Actions. Running out of ideas.

submitted by /u/Frizzlefry3030
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Frizzlefry3030, Nov 21, 2019
  2. CharlieRB Win User

Outlook Notifications appear after a delay

Turning on notification in Outlook does not guarantee Windows 10 will honor them. So, you have to ensure Windows 10 notification settings are set to allow notifications from the application (they may be in the Action Center, but not displayed on the Desktop).

If you already have Outlook configured to display the desktop alert, then follow these steps to configure Windows.

1. In the Action Center (in the bottom right corner, next to your time)
      click on All Settings. An alternative method to open the Settings
      app would be to open the Start Menu and then click on Settings.
    2. Click on: System.
    3. From the panel on the left select: Notifications & Actions.
    4. In the “Show notifications from these apps” section at the bottom,
      click on
      Outlook. (If Outlook isn’t listed, you haven’t received a new message yet so Outlook isn’t registered yet as an app that receives
      notifications. Simply send yourself a test message in that case and
      reopen the Settings app.
      Also note that you must be using Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 as Outlook 2010 and previous have their own notifications which do not
      integrates with Windows 10)

5. Make sure that you have enabled all notification options.
    6. Close Settings.

You may or may not need to restart Outlook.

Source - Not getting New Email Alerts on Windows 10

If this doesn't fix the issue, you may need to perform a repair install of Office.

CharlieRB, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Not Receiving Outlook 2019 Notifications

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Not Receiving Outlook 2019 Notifications

1. Not Receiving Outlook 2019 Notifications - Similar Threads - Receiving Outlook 2019

2. Not receiving notifications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving notifications in fullscreen: Hello there, for the last few months I have not been getting notifications while I have anything in full screen. I currently have Focus Assist turned off and I still hear notification sounds from apps such as Discord but I cannot see the actual notification box in the bottom...
  3. Microsoft Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Outlook 2019: I built a new computer with a new main board, RAM, and a new I-9 processor. I installed windows 10 and then Office 2019 Pro. When I copy my old .pst file from my old computer to the new computer, the new computer won't "see" any emails that are newer than October 2017. I am...
  4. Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019: Is it possible to have Outlook 2019 and Excel 2016 on same computer? 170340
  5. Outlook Office 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Office 2019: If Outlook Office 2019 will even open for me, it gives me a error message regarding the trusted certificate. I can not get any of the tabs to work- the File tab will not open. Can anyone help me with this? I just did the Windows update last night and having issues today...
  6. 2019 Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2019 Outlook: I had 365 and just needed Outlook Office - I tried to contact Microsoft and got an outside company who said they were affiliated with Microsoft they installed 2019 and McAfee Security Now I cannot get my calendar to connect my appointments in my I Phone (which I had with...
  7. Outlook 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2019: After Windows 10 Feature Update 1903, Outlook has been crashing when trying to attach a file. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I have tried running the Office fix as well as offloading the app and then re-installing. Has anyone seen this on other computers or know...
  8. outlook in office 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook in office 2019: ik heb via mijn werkgever office 2019 kunnen aanschaffen en na installatie kan ik via outlook geen mails ontvangen verzenden. Ik ben verbonden met het internet want een oude mail kan ik openen. Ik werk met windows 10. Wat kan ik hieraan doen??? Alle hulp is welkom...
  9. Cortana and Outlook 2019

Cortana and Outlook 2019: Hi I have win10 1776.348 and want to use my voice to send and email. I say hey Cortana send an email and it brings up Bing search with results. I thought that with Win10 Cortana I could have used my Outlook 2019 and selected person/s to email and compose then send email...
  10. Notifications of messages received

Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook notifications continue to sho up even when turned off