Windows 10: Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

Discus and support Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had opted in for Windows Insider Preview last year and then I opted out of it some 5 months back. I am not receiving any Windows updated from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PadmanabhanMasilamani, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

Hi,

I had opted in for Windows Insider Preview last year and then I opted out of it some 5 months back. I am not receiving any Windows updated from then. The Windows Update page always shows 'You're up to date' whereas there are many updates released thereafter.

I even tried opting in for Insider Preview again and still did not get any preview updates.

Now I am getting a popup saying that the version of windows will expire soon on 31st July 2020 as shown in below screenshot.

Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview 393e48c9-3d6f-42b3-9b77-b7bab9231749?upload=true.jpg

My current OS info:

Edition: Windows 10 Insider Preview

OS Build: 19536.1000
    Installed on: 20-12-2019
    Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 119.32900.0.0

:)

PadmanabhanMasilamani, Jul 23, 2020

2. Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

Hi,

I had opted in for Windows Insider Preview last year and then I opted out of it some 5 months back. I am not receiving any Windows updated from then. The Windows Update page always shows 'You're up to date' whereas there are many updates released thereafter.

I even tried opting in for Insider Preview again and still did not get any preview updates.

Now I am getting a popup saying that the version of windows will expire soon on 31st July 2020 as shown in below screenshot.

Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview 393e48c9-3d6f-42b3-9b77-b7bab9231749?upload=true.jpg

My current OS info:

Edition: Windows 10 Insider Preview

OS Build: 19536.1000

Installed on: 20-12-2019

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 119.32900.0.0

PadmanabhanMasilamani, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

Thanks for your quick response. Will I be able to get updates if I opt into Insider preview again now?

PadmanabhanMasilamani, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

want to opt out Insider Preview

I am using windows 10 enterprise edition. I opted insider preview build. now I want to opted out from this. so I have selected opted out after next window release. But I was busy so I forgot to update fall creator update. now it's showing insider preview
    update 17025. Can I update to fall creator update after updating 17025. I have windows 10 update assistant.

gaditya386, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview

1. Not receiving regular Windows updates after opting out from Insider Preview - Similar Threads - receiving regular updates

2. I can't opt out of Insider updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't opt out of Insider updated: When I go to Windows Updates/ Insider, it says I am a member via my email. When I try to leave the program, it says there is no Insider account associated with my email?...
  3. I cant opt out of Windows 11 insider preview Builds !!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant opt out of Windows 11 insider preview Builds !!!!!: hi everyone i cant opt out of windows 11 insider preview builds the settings for some reason are greyed out and when i installed windows 11 update assistant it was more bad it said me to erase all of my files it wont allow me to keep the old stuff and install normal windows...
  4. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opting out of windows insider program: I've opted out of windows insider program, but my windows update showing that my device is registered to get insider builds and I'm receiving them. How to stop these?by the way I'm not using any business or organization account.Any solution?...
  5. Opt out windows insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opt out windows insider: I've been trying to opt out for a while, with the checkbox enabled. I'm on version Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19592 I received an email saying the build will expire on July 31, 2020, does that mean I'll be pushed back to the stable release after this date? submitted...
  6. Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview

Opt Out of Windows Insider Preview: I recently joined the windows insider preview under first ring. Because of the constant updates i switched to slow ring and then opted out of the insider preview. My question is that now that i have opted out, will i still continue to receive stable preview builds up until...
  7. How do I opt out of receiving the windows preview builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I opt out of receiving the windows preview builds: I want to opt out of receiving the windows insider preview updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-opt-out-of-receiving-the-windows-preview/e60c1eb6-7c2b-4e8c-a493-3f2c43da2d30
  8. how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to opt out of windows insider preview builds ?: I have message under windows insider: You may continue to receive windows insider builds ultil your PC restarts. And below is buttot restart. I tried that and i had still this message here. How to opt out of windows insider ? 134207
  9. opting out of windows insider program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opting out of windows insider program: hello everyone. my question is; how do I opt out if windows insider program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-windows-insider-program/082933d6-73d6-46bc-ae4f-d48c65e7eddf
  10. Opt out of windows insider?!?!

Opt out of windows insider?!?!: I have never been a windows insider and have never opted in. I just installed an update and I noticed some wired settings which lead me to find out that I am in the insider program. I have never opted in. Im sure Microsoft did this without asking me to steal my telemetry...