Windows 10: Not receiving text from Microsoft with code

Discus and support Not receiving text from Microsoft with code in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to verify account activity on my outlook email. I am asked to identify via a code that will be texted to my cell. I never receive the code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ktalus, Feb 20, 2023.

1. ktalus Win User

Not receiving text from Microsoft with code

I am trying to verify account activity on my outlook email. I am asked to identify via a code that will be texted to my cell. I never receive the code from Microsoft. Is this feature not working ?

:)

ktalus, Feb 20, 2023
  2. JC03 Win User

Did not receive the Microsoft Account Verification Code

Hi, SHARON.

I'm Jen, I'm also an Outlook account user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

I understand you're not receiving a verification code for your Microsoft account. If your security info's are up to date, you may be experiencing delays receiving the code which I have also experienced before. But if you have already waited too long and have made a couple of attempts, I suggest following the suggested steps in the "Troubleshooting verification code issues" section on the support page below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Feel free to share how it went.

Kind regards.

3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    text services framework not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. What is the issue you are facing with the detachable keyboard?
    3. Are you receiving any error code or error message?
    4. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?

The Text Services Framework is a COM framework and an API in the Windows operating systems, that supports advanced text input and text processing. Since the Text Services Framework is not running, I would suggest
    you to follow the steps below and check if it works for you.

1. Click on Start, type
      cmd, Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. This will open the
      Command Prompt for you.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter.
      Command: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor" /Enable
    3. Next type the following command and press Enter.
      Command: schtasks /Run /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor"
    4. Once both the commands have been executed successfully, please close the Command Prompt.
    5. Restart the system and check.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 20, 2023
  4. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

1. Not receiving text from Microsoft with code - Similar Threads - receiving text Microsoft

2. Received a text regarding my stolen iPhone from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received a text regarding my stolen iPhone from Microsoft: Received a text SMS from the same Microsoft that sends my verifications for Outlook with at link that takes me to a map and asks for my passwords. Seems suspicious as I have been spammed with scam texts from a FINDMY regarding my stolen iPhone. Is this also a scam and if so...
  3. Received a text regarding my stolen iPhone from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received a text regarding my stolen iPhone from Microsoft: Received a text SMS from the same Microsoft that sends my verifications for Outlook with at link that takes me to a map and asks for my passwords. Seems suspicious as I have been spammed with scam texts from a FINDMY regarding my stolen iPhone. Is this also a scam and if so...
  4. Issue with receiving verification code email from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with receiving verification code email from Microsoft: I want to change my MS account password but every time I try to, the system wants me enter a verification code. Asking MS to send me an email has failed - it doesn't arrive. I can't use my Authenticator App because, to set it up I need a verification code did someone mention...
  5. Issue with receiving verification code email from Microsoft

Issue with receiving verification code email from Microsoft: I want to change my MS account password but every time I try to, the system wants me enter a verification code. Asking MS to send me an email has failed - it doesn't arrive. I can't use my Authenticator App because, to set it up I need a verification code did someone mention...
  6. Not receiving text from Microsoft with code

Not receiving text from Microsoft with code: I am trying to verify account activity on my outlook email. I am asked to identify via a code that will be texted to my cell. I never receive the code from Microsoft. Is this feature not working ?...
  7. Why am I not receiving a text with an authorization code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not receiving a text with an authorization code?: I'm trying to retrieve my Recovery Key for one of my laptops. However, when I enter the last four digits of my phone number which you have on file for confirmation, I'm not receiving an authorization code via text to my phone....
  8. Why am I not receiving a text with an authorization code?

Why am I not receiving a text with an authorization code?: I'm trying to retrieve my Recovery Key for one of my laptops. However, when I enter the last four digits of my phone number which you have on file for confirmation, I'm not receiving an authorization code via text to my phone....
  9. Not receiving verification code from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not receiving verification code from Microsoft Store.: Greetings,I received a gift purchase for a game and was able to redeem it by following the link in the email I received. After redeeming, I was directed to download the game in the Microsoft Store. When I tried to login to the Microsoft Store, it says that it has sent a code...
  10. Not receiving a verification code by text/sms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving a verification code by text/sms: Been trying to use the verification txt/sms in 'Your Info' section of 'Setting' the past couple of day's. Am not receiving the txt from Microsoft. Been reading thou the different thread's here too.... still no closer to fixing said issue... help please.......