Windows 10: Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications

Discus and support Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am no longer receiving calendar app notifications and can't figure out why I am not. Under Windows system settings notifications and actions,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NemoUI, Jun 22, 2019.

1. NemoUI Win User

Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications

I am no longer receiving calendar app notifications and can't figure out why I am not. Under Windows system settings notifications and actions, Calendar, Mail and Cortana all are turned on. I am receiving notifications from my Windows 10 mail app. When I click on the settings gear within the mail application itself, I see a notifications section in settings list that appears, but when I click on the sections gear within the calendar app itself, I do not have a notifications section in the settings list. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on how I can fix this problem.

:)

NemoUI, Jun 22, 2019

2. Can't enable Windows notifications for Calendar app

Hello,

To help you receive the notifications for your Calendar app, kindly setup your account through the Windows Mail app as well; then check if the notifications push through. Also, kindly set the Calendar app as a default program by simply following the steps below.

• Right-click on the Start icon.
    • Click Control Panel; then select Programs.
    • Choose Set Default Programs; then select Calendar.
    • Click Set this program as default.

Observe if your Calendar notifications show.

Let us know if the solution helps.

Vanessa Oca, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications - Similar Threads - receiving calendar app

2. Not receiving notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving notifications in Windows 10: Hi all, I have just setup my new Windows system and am not receiving any notifications. I noticed this when I setup my calendar and it wasn't alerting me of events. 1. There are no apps showing in the "get notifications from these apps" in settings. see attached 2. I have...
  3. Calendar app not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app not showing notifications: Hey guys, I have birthdays set up in my contacts and they show up in calendar and other events as well but I never receive a notification in the taskbar, I reset the app and also made sure in system, notifications and actions that calendar is turned on. Mail works just fine....
  4. Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.

Notifications. I am no longer receiving email or calendar notifications.: Hi, Since last update. I am no longer receiving email "Google or Outlook" or calendar notifications I have checked setting/email accounts I have checked settings in "Notifications & actions, get notifications from apps and other senders is "ON" I have checked Focus...
  5. CALENDAR APP NO NOTIFICATIONS ON DESKTOP

CALENDAR APP NO NOTIFICATIONS ON DESKTOP: I do not receive desktop notifications for calendar events nor do they appear in action center. I have tried various fixes with no results. I recently cured a no sound with notifications problem by deleting and reinstalling the Mail app. Also, I would like to receive the...
  6. calendar app not showing missed notifications

calendar app not showing missed notifications: running win 10, build 18363.592 version of the calendar app for win 10, version 16005.12228.20410.0 i have been searching for a solution for weeks now.. nothing works.. if i create an event, and the computer is on when the appointment time is set to notify, the notification...
  7. Not receiving notifications in Windows 10

Not receiving notifications in Windows 10: Hi, I've been experiencing issues with my Windows 10 PC by not receiving ANY notifications from the action center. To explain further; When I receive a notification, from let's say Discord, a banner won't show up on the bottom-right of the screen but the action center...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Calendar app not showing in Notifications & actions

Windows 10 Pro Calendar app not showing in Notifications & actions: My Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) PC is running the Mail and Calendar apps. In Windows Settings >> System >> Notifications & actions >> Get notifications from these apps, the Mail app is showing, so I can edit the Mail notification options, but the...
  9. Not receiving Calendar notifications while MPC is running

Not receiving Calendar notifications while MPC is running: I am using Windows 10 Calendar as a day planner. However, i have noticed that scheduled notifications don't come up, when i am running Media Player Classic at the same time. This conflict may be caused by apps other than MPC, but that's the one i have noticed so far. Is...
  10. Calendar Notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Calendar Notification: How to enable notification from calendar in notification area for next event? 7644