Windows 10: Not Recognized as Administrator

Discus and support Not Recognized as Administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've read all the posts that apply when my computer isn't recognizing me as the Administrator. The general comment about using cmd in the command... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RayPerreault, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Not Recognized as Administrator

I've read all the posts that apply when my computer isn't recognizing me as the Administrator. The general comment about using cmd in the command window and right-clicking on it to select "Run as Admin" doesn't work because I don't get that selection. When I try the other command entries after entering cmd, it doesn't accept any of the entries.

Here are my details.

Windows 10 version 1903

User Profile - Says I am the administrator

Users - I am the only user.

I've tried all of the suggestions that I can find, but nothing seems to work.

Ray

:)

RayPerreault, Aug 28, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Why is my administrator account not recognized as an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you need to run an application in administrator mode even though you are logged in as administrator. Here are few steps which you may try to run an application in administrator mode always.

Method 1

If you are using any shortcut for opening or running the application then you may try the steps provided below.

• Right-click the shortcut, click Properties.
    • Click Advanced. Select Run as Administrator.
    For more clarification you may refer to the screen shot added below.

Not Recognized as Administrator image02%5B1%5D.png

Not Recognized as Administrator [​IMG]

Method 2 (affects all shortcuts, and works on jump-lists and opening files with the application):

• Go to the location of the executable.
    • Right click AppThatRequiresAdminRights.exe and select Troubleshoot Compatibility.
    • Select the option Troubleshoot program after the wizard has finished detecting issues.
    • Choose the The program requires additional permissions option. The wizard will apply the
      Run as Administrator setting to AppThatRequiresAdminRights.exe program.
    • Click (required) and close the wizard.

For more clarification you may refer to the screen shot added below.

Not Recognized as Administrator [​IMG]

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Not Recognized as Administrator

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Not Recognized as Administrator

1. Not Recognized as Administrator - Similar Threads - Recognized Administrator

2. Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account: I first became aware of this when outlook would noy start with 'access denied' saying i don't have permission to access [email protected]????/???.pst All of my word files are read only' and I can't save as to anywhere except cloud services or an external drive so the problem...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not recognizing Administrator account: I first became aware of this when outlook would noy start with 'access denied' saying i don't have permission to access [email protected]????/???.pst All of my word files are read only' and I can't save as to anywhere except cloud services or an external drive so the problem...
  4. My PC does not recognize me as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC does not recognize me as administrator.: How do I make my PC recognize me as administrator? When I download a file system does not allow me to proceed. A window pops up saying I dont have administrative capapbilities. This in File Explorer....
  5. Windows 10 won't load, computer doesn't recognize local administrator password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't load, computer doesn't recognize local administrator password: My Windows 10 Inspiron 17-7**** computer had an update last night, and now Windows 10 version 1809 won't load at all. I have a blue "Choose an option" screen, but I can't choose an option because it won't recognize my local administrator password. I have been on chat hold for...
  6. Why not recognized as an Administrator for file deletion?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not recognized as an Administrator for file deletion?: My Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.657) PC created a memory dump file as the result of a BSoD. After rebooting, File Explorer showed a blank for its owner. I TAKEOWNed the file so my personal account was the owner and also ICACLS /reset its access list. Its only attribute was/is...
  7. It won't recognize me as an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It won't recognize me as an administrator: So I just tried to uninstall the CS-GO and it says " You do not have sufficient acess to uninstall Counter Strike 1.6. Please contact your system administrator." Then I realized I have two accounts now , PC1 and the one I have now is Administrator. ( Both of them are...
  8. copying a file when i'm not recognized as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying a file when i'm not recognized as administrator: I'm trying to copy a configuration file from one drive to another. I get the message that I don't have priveleges to copy even though I am the owner/administrator on the computer. What can I do to copy this file?...
  9. I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am the sole administrator/user yet Windows 10 does not recognize me; what is the problem: Windows is over protecting with its nonsense. I am the only administrator/user of my own PC yet Windows 10 does not recognize me, sounds very stupid yet it is happening; why?...
  10. Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator: I have Windows 10 Home and have quickly tired of the background updates occurring without my consent. The operating system should not be behaving like malware, but that is a topic for another discussion. Every time I try any technique for disabling updates being forced on me,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run as broken windows