Windows 10: Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer

Discus and support Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed a game to my computer for the first time. It installed just fine, but when I try to launch it I get a pop up that states "Access Denied:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Viper29Venom, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer

I installed a game to my computer for the first time. It installed just fine, but when I try to launch it I get a pop up that states "Access Denied: Please login with administrator privileges and try again"

There is no prompt for admin password or anything. I am the admin on the computer.

I am running Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.1087 on a Dell Inspiron 15-3552 with a 64-bit OS and x64-based processor Intel Pentium N3700.

:)

Viper29Venom, Jun 28, 2020

2. Computer I don't recognize on my home network

When I look at my network (Windows 10) private, home network, I see a computer listed under "Computers" that I don't recognize. How do I find out what computer that is and how do I block it or remove it?

ThomasPhelps1, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Nofsdad Win User

Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer

1. Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer - Similar Threads - recognized Admin home

2. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  3. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  4. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers: Hi, my cac stopped working with the error "No valid client certificate found in the request. No valid certificates found in the user's certificate store. Please try again after closing and reopening the browser and choose a different authentication method." My local DEERS...
  5. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers: Hi, my cac stopped working with the error "No valid client certificate found in the request. No valid certificates found in the user's certificate store. Please try again after closing and reopening the browser and choose a different authentication method." My local DEERS...
  6. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My personal computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My personal computer: After suddenly our power went down, my pc does not boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-computer/2af3db4e-ad52-481e-9450-e5b77b7d6c5d
  8. Can't change personal PIN on personal home computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change personal PIN on personal home computer: I'm trying to change the PIN on my home PC, and Microsoft isn't letting me do so. When I go into Sign-In Options, the option for Windows hello PIN says "This option is currently unavailable—click here to learn more." It also says "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your...
  9. Help! changing admin on personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! changing admin on personal computer: admin died - how can i change to my name and not see husbands name on the sign in screen on computer. tried making a new user admin. but now have issues of not having access to microsoft products purchased. Can i now just simply go and replace his name for mine? his...
  10. Computer I don't recognize on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer I don't recognize on my home network: When I look at my network (Windows 10) private, home network, I see a computer listed under "Computers" that I don't recognize. How do I find out what computer that is and how do I block it or remove it?...