Windows 10: Not remounting network drive at startup

Discus and support Not remounting network drive at startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got a desktop with an NVMe drive. It starts up super quick, about 6 seconds cold boot. I've got a networked SMB LAN drive, B:\, but it's always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CptnKickass, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Not remounting network drive at startup

I've got a desktop with an NVMe drive. It starts up super quick, about 6 seconds cold boot. I've got a networked SMB LAN drive, B:\, but it's always not remounted after startup, I think because my desktop is too fast, no networking isn't fully connected when Windows tried to remount. I've enabled the group policy that requires waiting for network before login, but it hasn't changed anything. And suggestions to ensure my drive gets remounted at startup?

submitted by /u/CptnKickass
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CptnKickass, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 25, 2020
  3. RickSykes Win User
    mapped network drive does not remount at logon

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8.1

Mapped shared folders from NAS drive do not remount at logon. Also logon.bat file run from Samba does not mount the same drive as it did in 8.1 and previous versions. I can mount the shared folders both from the command line (using same commands as logon.bat) and
    from explorer in windows 10.

RickSykes, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Not remounting network drive at startup

File back up to bitlockered external drive

Thanks John.

By trial and error the solution is,

• Set the file back up to the desired external USB drive, Back up using file history.
    • Run backup to completion.
    • Dismount, (Remove) the drive used.
    • Remount (Plug in) the drive used for the file back up (Steps 1&2) and encrypt using Bitlocker.
    Note you can only encrypt drives using some versions of Windows (Pro for eg not Home)

• Once the external drive has been encrypted dismount.
    • Remount the drive, go to the file back up option, Open, Settings, Backup,
      Back up using file history
    • The drive should now still be visible and has been encrypted.
    • Accessing the drive will be dependant on how it was set up in Bitlocker,
      Open with this PC, password, pin code
      etc.
    • Repeat file back up as in the first two steps.

Hope this helps someone else.

Martin Holme, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Not remounting network drive at startup

1. Not remounting network drive at startup - Similar Threads - remounting network drive

2. Network not active at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not active at startup: I have windows 10, and on each start up there is no network connection. I have learned that if I disable my ethernet connection and then enable it, the network connection becomes active. This happens so consistently that I've even written a .bat file to disable and enable the...
  3. Network not active at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not active at startup: I have windows 10, and on each start up there is no network connection. I have learned that if I disable my ethernet connection and then enable it, the network connection becomes active. This happens so consistently that I've even written a .bat file to disable and enable the...
  4. Network not active at startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 not recognizing remount devices thumb drive in my case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not recognizing remount devices thumb drive in my case: Remounting ejected USB Flash drive in Win 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have encountered the same exact problem with thread above, but this only occurs to me recently about 2 or 3 weeks ago on Windows 11. My current Windows build is Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.527. Before today,...
  6. Windows 11 not recognizing remount devices thumb drive in my case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not recognizing remount devices thumb drive in my case: Remounting ejected USB Flash drive in Win 10 - Microsoft CommunityI have encountered the same exact problem with thread above, but this only occurs to me recently about 2 or 3 weeks ago on Windows 11. My current Windows build is Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.527. Before today,...
  7. remount usb after eject/unmount?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remount usb after eject/unmount?: My password manager lives entirely on a USB stick attached to my laptop no main drive installation, no cloud. When I'm on a public WiFi network, I use VPN with kill switch, and eject the USB as soon as I'm done with passwords. The question is, if the USB is still in the...
  8. Startup order of a Network

Startup order of a Network: I have my wireless network setup for over 6 years and it has worked just fine for all this time. Except for this awkward problem. the network consist of two machines, a desktop running W10 Home build 1909 and a laptop W10 Pro build 1909. If I turn on the desktop first and...
  9. Network Connection at Startup

Network Connection at Startup: PC (Windows 10 Home) find the wrong network connection when at startup (Intel(R) 82579V Network Connection #2). If I ask it to restart or use device manager to scan for new hardware it finds the correct network connection (Intel(R) 82579V Network Connection). Netsh shows only...
  10. Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments

Can not reconnect network drives on startup, but can in a few moments: Something annoying, and since I have seen it for so many years I suspect there has to be a fix - Upon starting any of the wifi laptops I almost always get the error that all networked drives couldn't reconnect. If I give it 20 seconds or so I can open Windows Explorer,...