Windows 10: Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0

Discus and support Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.239) Vivobook ASUS Laptop X505ZA AMD Ryzen 2500U Radeon 8 Mobile Graphics Steps already taken : - Disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrew DH, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Andrew DH Win User

Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0

Windows 10 ver 1903 (OS Build 18362.239)

Vivobook ASUS Laptop X505ZA

AMD Ryzen 2500U

Radeon 8 Mobile Graphics

Steps already taken :

- Disabled superfetch and prefetch

- Disabled MSI on registry

- Updated drivers via AMD adrenaline

- Updated BIOS from ASUS website

- Rolled back to previous working ASUS driver

- Updated WLAN adapter

- Clean installed Windows

- Disabled Windows Defender

- Clean boot

- Check Disk /f /r

- High performance mode

- Disabled CPU throttle

- Reinstalled Battery adapter and reinsert battery.

- Disk fragment 0%

- DISM

- sfc /scannow

- Disabled Windows search

- Cleaned motherboard dust

- DPC test with LatencyMon (high latency on ntoskrnl.sys, wdf01000.sys, s and dxgkrnl.sys)

This still happens.

Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0 e8a65b18-14fd-4687-8ba5-66be228898f7?upload=true.png

I created a WPA trace file while running "Dota 2", feel free to check. (OneDrive link) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnLpe2sA6wNIgnohoK_BI8eR3Cvk?e=RwdsSN

What is wrong exactly?

:)

Andrew DH, Jul 25, 2019
  2. conduct11 Win User

Game causes 100% Disk Usage , becomes not responding and crashes

So lately every time i try to play a game on windows 10 , it causes my disk usage to reach 100% and the game directly becomes not responding and crashes . Also System and Compressed Memory sometimes causes disk usage to go to 100% !

Would appreciate any help !

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

conduct11, Jul 25, 2019
  3. novanilla Win User
    Upgraded to Windows 10 - Disk 0 Usage 100

I agree. This entire thread has appeared unproductive as this issue continues. The one point perhaps that has not been discussed appears to be that even though the disk 0 usage is at 100% the processes running never add up to 100percent. for example at 24%
    usage there are 10 processes listed as using 0.1 mb/sec which totals 1MB /sec. from that one could assume that at 100% the processes may total 4MB/sec but I routinely see the system process spike upwards of 25Mb/sec and after any usage climbs over 7mb/sec
    the disk 0 reads at 100%. also the running processes are never the same. there is no one process which creates the issue.

A better solution would be for Microsoft to explain the point and purpose of the disk usage, and how it is reported. it is reported at the top as a percentage and in the row as a transfer speed. (mb/s).

The question is what is up with that specifically, how do I determine the max transfer speed of disc 0, and at what point will system performance slow to an unacceptable user level? when it does what are the steps to take to identify and resolve the issue?

novanilla, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0

100% disk usage

i am doing nothing but my disk usage keep on 100% sometimes it doesnt but if im in game it goes up to 100disk usage and my fps drops dramatically and sometimes stops me in game asus X555ub

arnauld231, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0

1. Not responding, 100 disk usage, late animation and sound on games, GPU drop to 0 - Similar Threads - responding 100 disk

2. dwm.exe 100% GPU usage GPU 0 - 3D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe 100% GPU usage GPU 0 - 3D: Today i observed that my dwm has very high GPU usage, how do i fix that?specs:GPU: RTX 3060CPU: i5-12400FRAM: 2x8 DDR4 4000MHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwmexe-100-gpu-usage-gpu-0-3d/d4ef7e3a-a949-4937-9acf-c8db1ae1bcc4
  3. dwm.exe 100% GPU usage GPU 0 - 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe 100% GPU usage GPU 0 - 3D: Today i observed that my dwm has very high GPU usage, how do i fix that?specs:GPU: RTX 3060CPU: i5-12400FRAM: 2x8 DDR4 4000MHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwmexe-100-gpu-usage-gpu-0-3d/d4ef7e3a-a949-4937-9acf-c8db1ae1bcc4
  4. dwm.exe 100% GPU usage GPU 0 - 3D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. GPU Usage dropping to 0% when switching tabs

GPU Usage dropping to 0% when switching tabs: So i've had this problem recently where about 10 minutes after my PC starts up, it does this thing where when I switch to a different application, say when I switch from my game to google chrome then the GPU usage goes down to 0% so that my PC as a whole gets about 1 frame...
  6. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games: I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my...
  7. Stuttering sound and video 0% Disk,Network and GPU Usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuttering sound and video 0% Disk,Network and GPU Usage: Like the title of the tread said When for example (most easy to spot) i am watching netflix the sound and the screen starts to stutter (yes even on other browsers) even in games and on discord And another thing i see happening a lot is that steam is only 5mb p/s Ubisoft's...
  8. GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage drops randomly to 0% when gaming: My GPU usage drops randomly from 70-100% to 0-10% when im gaming. especially when playing FH4, creates severe lag spikes. Its really annoying. Anyone can help me?...
  9. GPU at 0% usage

GPU at 0% usage: Hi, I am having a problem. My GPU is always a 0%. I am using a windows 10 hp computer with a video card I installed. My display from the video card works normal but it's not being utilized when I play video games. When I play games, my cpu jumps to about 90 and my gpu stays...
  10. 100% HDD Usage lately when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% HDD Usage lately when gaming: Hello everyone. I've run into a bit of an irritating issue concerning my storage drive (standard western digital hdd). When i'm gaming, particularly The Division ( and also the beta for The Division 2) my disk usage jumps to 100% and causes a ton of lag. I don't experience...