Windows 10: "Not Responding" after prolonged use

Discus and support "Not Responding" after prolonged use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am looking for some help debugging a problem which is driving my crazy. After my Win10 system has been running for a week or longer all of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spacebiscuit75, Feb 11, 2019.

1. "Not Responding" after prolonged use

I am looking for some help debugging a problem which is driving my crazy.

After my Win10 system has been running for a week or longer all of a sudden applications such Google Chome start to become very slow, and stop responding to any keyboard input. When this happens the hour glass appears and Chrome loses its focus before "not responding" appears by the application name on the task bar.

When this behavior is observed there are two remedies:

1. If I press ctrl+alt+del and then choose "task manager", immediately Chrome will regain its focus and becomes responsive. However within a minute or two the problem returns

2. A system reboot fixes the issue, before after another week or so the problem returns.

I've checked the task manager and I don't see anything out of the ordinary in terms of disk or memory usage. I am using Win 10 Pro with the latest updates and I keep my system clean and protected with regular security scans.

Any suggestions how I might troubleshoot and identify the source of the problem? Thanks!

:)

spacebiscuit75, Feb 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 won't wake up from prolonged sleep (or hibernate or shutdown) conditions

Regarding your concern with Windows 10 not waking up after prolonged sleep, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel > Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings for Power saver.
    • Click Change advanced power settings > Restore plan defaults >
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 11, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Not Responding" after prolonged use :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Ponura89 Win User

"Not Responding" after prolonged use

Prolonged Starting

Hello,
    recently got Windows 10 prolonged starts, before I can access my account and enter password. The mouse shows circle like loading some thing, after random button press screen gets white(not responding). How to find cause of this strange behavior?

Ponura89, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

"Not Responding" after prolonged use

1. "Not Responding" after prolonged use - Similar Threads - Responding prolonged

2. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  3. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  4. System not responding when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not responding when left idle: Hello, am using Win 11 Laptop by Asus Rog. For the past few Weeks am facing issue with this lap, that when i left it for while it won't respond after. And after some time it shows the blue screen with error code 'drive power state failure' and sometimes with 'Unexpected Store...
  5. System not responding when left idle

System not responding when left idle: Hello, am using Win 11 Laptop by Asus Rog. For the past few Weeks am facing issue with this lap, that when i left it for while it won't respond after. And after some time it shows the blue screen with error code 'drive power state failure' and sometimes with 'Unexpected Store...
  6. Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet: In installed windows 10 pro -32bit and failed to recognise inbuilt touchpad, microphone,camera, speakers,+/- buttons, among others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-and-failure-of-drivers-not-responding/b8065c45-2ebc-402d-8912-8bd072d88058
  7. Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet

Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet: In installed windows 10 pro -32bit and failed to recognise inbuilt touchpad, microphone,camera, speakers,+/- buttons, among others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-and-failure-of-drivers-not-responding/b8065c45-2ebc-402d-8912-8bd072d88058
  8. Installation and failure of drivers not responding to inbuilt devices on windows tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...
  10. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after a prolonged use