Windows 10: "Not Responding" Errors

Discus and support "Not Responding" Errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of late, perhaps since a few weeks ago, many of my apps give me "not responding" errors. I can wait ½ hour or more for these issues to clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethBush, Oct 21, 2019.

1. "Not Responding" Errors

As of late, perhaps since a few weeks ago, many of my apps give me "not responding" errors. I can wait ½ hour or more for these issues to clear themselves, but sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. When they clear themselves, they often return immediately after trying to use that app again.

Computer:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, Q9550, 2.83 GHz., 12 GB RAM, Windows 10 Version 1903, 64-bit System. All updates applied.

Applications:

Firefox 60.0.3 64-bit

Office 2010 64-bit

Thunderbird 60.9.0 32-bit

Opera Mail 1.0 Build 1044 32-bit

Burnaware Free 12.7 32-bit

X-Button Mouse Control 2.18.8 32-bit

ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 32-bit

Office Tab Free 9.10 32-bit

Super Antispyware Free Edition 9.0.1044 32-bit

Teracopy 2.3 32-bit

PaperPort 12 32-bit

I have this issue with nearly all of the apps listed above, whether running individually or along with others.

I'd like to blame the update to version 1903, but I'm not completely sure that this is the issue.

For example, I have been trying to send an email using Outlook with an attachment for over ½ hour. When I click onto the drive from which I want to select the file, the screen greys out and the "not responding" message appears. After about 10 minutes, the greyed-out screen clears and I can get to the folder from which I want to select a file. I get the "not responding" message again. When that clears in 5-10 minutes, I'm at the folder that I want. Then I select a sub-folder, and we go 'round the same thing again. This continues, but I haven't gotten to the sub-folder in which my file resides yet.

I reinstalled Windows, fresh install on a formatted drive, about 2 weeks ago. After all the updates, no improvements.

What is going on here, and how do I fix it?

:)

KennethBush, Oct 21, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Not Responding" Errors :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2019
  3. OrangeN9 Win User
    Camera not responding error on n9

Experiencing "camera not responding error" in my n9. Have tried enabling developer mode and following the steps found online to solve this problem. The phone rebooted after keying in " reboot -u" but the problem with the camera remained. Any other suggestion?

OrangeN9, Oct 21, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

"Not Responding" Errors

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

"Not Responding" Errors

1. "Not Responding" Errors - Similar Threads - Responding Errors

2. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  3. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  4. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...: Please help, i have hp elite desktop i3 which when got PXE-E61 error on startup and my keyboard is not working. I tried switching to different usb ports but to no avail. I tried using a gaming keyboard it is only showing those lights which are shown when the pc has slept and...
  6. What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...

What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...: Please help, i have hp elite desktop i3 which when got PXE-E61 error on startup and my keyboard is not working. I tried switching to different usb ports but to no avail. I tried using a gaming keyboard it is only showing those lights which are shown when the pc has slept and...
  7. What should i do to fix a desktop pc stuck on PXE-E61 error without any usb port responding...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I cant start windows update on Services it says ERROR 1053 The service did not respond to...

I cant start windows update on Services it says ERROR 1053 The service did not respond to...: Please help me with the issue, i have tried to start the windows update but it shows an error 1053. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-start-windows-update-on-services-it-says/c8df9e80-e6f0-4e60-96e4-49315ad58dba
  9. I cant start windows update on Services it says ERROR 1053 The service did not respond to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant start windows update on Services it says ERROR 1053 The service did not respond to...: Please help me with the issue, i have tried to start the windows update but it shows an error 1053. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-start-windows-update-on-services-it-says/c8df9e80-e6f0-4e60-96e4-49315ad58dba
  10. I cant start windows update on Services it says ERROR 1053 The service did not respond to...

in Windows 10 Gaming