Windows 10: not responding on many searches?

Discus and support not responding on many searches? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell Optiplex why do i always see program not responding is it my HD? THANK YOU TIMMY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Aug 10, 2020.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

not responding on many searches?

Dell Optiplex why do i always see program not responding is it my HD?

THANK YOU

TIMMY

:)

TIMMY 067, Aug 10, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 10, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 10, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. not responding on many searches? - Similar Threads - responding many searches

2. Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...: This has happened to me before, not too long ago, and it happened about a week after I installed a new windows update. I could not find any help online, because they all said to use apps like powershell and settings, but they were suspended in task manager as soon as I tried...
  3. Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key and search are not responding, along with many processes being suspended,...: This has happened to me before, not too long ago, and it happened about a week after I installed a new windows update. I could not find any help online, because they all said to use apps like powershell and settings, but they were suspended in task manager as soon as I tried...
  4. search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not responding: I tried to change my font but didn't like it so I switched back to normal. I used this method:ffirst change: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI...
  5. search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar not responding: I tried to change my font but didn't like it so I switched back to normal. I used this method:ffirst change: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI...
  6. Many programs not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many programs not responding: I turned on my computer this morning, and since, it has been running extremley slowly, programs closing for no reason. for example sevral programs even like notepad or device manager, it comes up with not responding and have to close it with task manager. i ran the SFC log...
  7. Search Bar is not responding

in Cortana
    Search Bar is not responding: I had a Windows Update on August 18, 2020. After that I noticed by Search Bar is not responding. Cannot even find the SearchUI.exe in the taskbar when trying to reset. I tried to reset my PC and then try to update Windows again but it says I'm up to date. I checked the...
  8. Cortana and Search not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not responding: Hi, After a new update KB4497165 on my windows 10 version 1909, the Cortana and Search on the toolbar are not responding when I click them. I have tried to uninstall the latest update, reset the search box and running troubleshoot. But nothing works. I am not sure if this...
  9. Search bar not responding

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding: I tried messing with cortana, like setting it up and stuff, I switched to english, worked fine until I restarted my laptop, then cortana would not open, neither search bar would. I have tried a some stuff but with no success, its fine if i don't have cortana, but how to get...
  10. Search box not responding

in Cortana
    Search box not responding: I just updated to the most recent version of win 10 and have already had this problem 3 times. The search box just stops working out of the blue. I can still open it but when I move the cursor over it it starts loading. The text line is blinking but it doesn't register...