Windows 10: Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.

Discus and support Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TaranStark [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TaranStark, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.

/u/TaranStark, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Coberino Win User

Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.

Can't see AVI video thumbnails

Already tried that, and no luck unfortunately.

Coberino, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade.

1. Not seeing any thumbnails for video files after 2004 upgrade. - Similar Threads - seeing thumbnails video

2. Video Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails: I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some reason files from the device are not loading thumbnails I don't have this issue with any of my other cameras as both my Sony...
  3. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  4. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  5. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  6. Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?

Cannot see video file thumbnail image on WIndows 11 ?: I am using Windows 11 Pro N. There is no thumbnail preview on .mp4 or any other video file. I have enabled thumbnail preview on folder options but still, the problem persists. DOes getting media features pack solves the problem ? If so how do I get it ? WIndows 10 media...
  7. New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New update messed up files, can't see video thumbnails: Great update, I really hated being able to see video thumbnails so I'm really glad that all my video files which have numerical names now just show up as identical icons, and I didn't even have to ask for it to happen. Thanks a bunch!...
  8. Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working: Within the last couple of days, thumbnails for video files particularly mp4 seem to have stopped appearing. New files would not get thumbnails, while thumbnails for older files remained. Even more odd, these new mp4 files would receive thumbnails while being uploaded to...
  9. Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?

Inserting Thumbnails in Video Files..... !?: Hello Folks, Got loads of videos I downloaded from internet but many are missing thumbnails. Please inform what software can I use (along with procedure) to insert/embeded images that can be used as thumbnails. End use: When I browse my video collection, I want to see...
  10. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?: Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon. 115362