Windows 10: Not seeing device when activating windows with digital licence

Discus and support Not seeing device when activating windows with digital licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I use the trouble shooter to activate the windows 10 education license, the computer is not listed as a device. I am using a digital account for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Denice_169, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Not seeing device when activating windows with digital licence

When I use the trouble shooter to activate the windows 10 education license, the computer is not listed as a device.

I am using a digital account for the educational edition of windows 10 I downloaded a year ago and I have verified my microsoft account, but for some reason when I try to activate the windows license it doesn't find my device with the trouble shooter although it does find the device when I locate it via the microsoft account.

Is there some method to get the license to recognize the new device I have already signed into the same microsoft account?

:)

Denice_169, Dec 10, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

Linking digital licences to MS Account.

Yeah - that coiuld be the case, but when I was testing with vms, it only ever showed devices that were in your devices.

I worked out a workaround ie. use a different MS account for each licence - maybe not needed, but I can see same device with different OS now as a result.

cereberus, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC (almost everything apart from BD and case!) and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is
    invalid. From memory the old licence was associated to an old Windows 8.1 licence I bought many years ago.

Is there anyway to utilise the digital licence. The only licence on my account I can use is a licence associated to a laptop that I actively use. Although the old PC is listed as have a digital licence.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated

Thanks

GordonWilkie, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Not seeing device when activating windows with digital licence

Windows Digital licence transfer

PutraNakal, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Not seeing device when activating windows with digital licence

1. Not seeing device when activating windows with digital licence - Similar Threads - seeing device activating

2. Windows Activated with digital licence but my other device is showing its using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activated with digital licence but my other device is showing its using...: Hi, I've using windows 10 from a long time in my pc and purchased an hp laptop and logged using my microsoft account. The windows got activated but almost 6 months later, its showing that my windows licence gonna expeire soon in that laptop only. and its showing in the laptop...
  3. Windows Activated with digital licence but my other device is showing its using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activated with digital licence but my other device is showing its using...: Hi, I've using windows 10 from a long time in my pc and purchased an hp laptop and logged using my microsoft account. The windows got activated but almost 6 months later, its showing that my windows licence gonna expeire soon in that laptop only. and its showing in the laptop...
  4. Problem: Activation with Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem: Activation with Digital Licence: Hi,I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro that died. I have replaced fixed the PC with new hardware, and reinstall Windows 10 Pro using the tool provided by Microsoft. When I tried to activate the new installation of Windows 10 Pro onto the new hardware is asking me for the product...
  5. Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence

Problem activating a Windows 10 on a digital Licence: Hi I am having a Problem activating a Windows 10 digital Licence, my HDD went caput so have bought a new one , I installed windows 10 on it from a friends retail disc and went through the set up and everything went fine, it loaded all the updates , then it asked me to sign...
  6. Windows saying its not activated when i have a digital licence

Windows saying its not activated when i have a digital licence: My windows is saying about every 5 days that its not activated, but it doesn't show the watermark and i have had this computer for 9 months now and the problem started about 3 weeks ago, I can fix the problem by pressing troubleshoot button in the activation section and it...
  7. "Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it

"Windows 10 is activated with a digital licence" but I didn't activate it: I recently bought some old hardware to build a PC. Almost all parts except the hard drive and GPU is bought second hand. The hard drive is from a old HP PC which had Windows 7 preinstalled by HP, but I deleted all partitions including the "System Recovery" partition before...
  8. Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence

Windows 10 Activation by Digital Licence: I did the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 some time ago; must be 4 years. All has been working perfectly until recently I lose activation almost daily. Running the activation troubleshoot reactivates my windows but only for a day oir so before it once again becomes...
  9. Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence

Activating Windows 10 with a digital licence: Hello there I have a windows 10 pro digital licence registered to my pc , I have changed the hard drive and of course I do not have a Windows 10 CD , so I borrowed my friends windows 10 pro disc and reloaded that onto mine and I choose will register later , so all well up...
  10. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Windows 10 digital licence activation issues: Good day My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly. Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version. Please advise how...