Windows 10: Not seeing my WIFI network

Discus and support Not seeing my WIFI network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last. few weeks I have been unable to connect to WIFI. My laptop doesn't even see available networks. I tried updating the Network Adapters,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryGaul, Nov 13, 2019.

1. HenryGaul Win User

Not seeing my WIFI network

For the last. few weeks I have been unable to connect to WIFI. My laptop doesn't even see available networks. I tried updating the Network Adapters, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

HenryGaul, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Edorff Win User

Can't see the list of wifi networks

I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc

Edorff, Nov 13, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Nov 13, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Hi there

for 5GHZ band adapter has to support ac protocol.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Not seeing my WIFI network - Similar Threads - seeing WIFI network

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop cannot see WiFi networks: My laptop has lost the ability to see available WiFi networks, including my home network, so is unable to connect to the internet unless it has a LAN cable attached, in which case it accesses the internet without any issues. It used to work fine on either LAN or WiFi, its...
  4. i cant see my wifi network

i cant see my wifi network: I cant see my wifi but i can see my mobile hotspot I want to update my driver but i only have 1driver i want link to download please provide me link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-wifi-network/b21e3a7c-4c72-4b1e-a6f7-845eb7a25dc0
  5. I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....

I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....: This is strange. I cannot see my home WIFI network from my laptop, but I can see eight of more other networks. While at the same time, my desktop computer is successfully using the very same network that I cannot see from my laptop. My cell phone and tablet can also...
  6. see devices connected to wifi network

see devices connected to wifi network: Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wifi-network/7e04bdb7-76fa-4ce9-94e9-71ff0357b40a
  7. My Laptop can't see my wifi network

My Laptop can't see my wifi network: I have a very frustrating one. I had a problem with my wireless Router, so I bought a new one different model, I figured while I was spending the money I'd get a Wifi6 router so hopefully I'll be good for a good long while I installed it, and have it online. My old...
  8. Globe wifi icon cannot see my network

Globe wifi icon cannot see my network: Hi cyberspace. I'm so frustrated. I'm on holiday in South Africa and my windows 10 wifi icon is now a globe and cannot see any of my 3 network routers. Everyone else in the house can connect. So far I have done the following. Shut down and start. Updated drivers....
  9. Can't see the list of wifi networks

Can't see the list of wifi networks: I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc...
  10. can't see my 5G wifi network

can't see my 5G wifi network: Why can't I see my 5G wifi network. my cellphone can see my 5G wifi network, but my PC only sees 2.4G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-5g-wifi-network/7875dafd-d237-4995-84c8-30f116f9208f