Windows 10: Not seeing NAS drive

Discus and support Not seeing NAS drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pixie, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Pixie Win User

Not seeing NAS drive

Hello Peeps

So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that all the other machines do. Are there some special settings I need to make ? Thought this Win 10 was supposed to be more user friendly than previous versions of Win *really I can ping the IP address of the NAS on teh Win 10 machine, just not map to it

Your help is welcomed

Pix

:)

Pixie, Feb 28, 2018

2. Cannot see NAS drives after intalling build 10.0.10586

I have seven win 10 machines in my household. After updating 3 of the machines from 10.0.10240 to 10.0.10586 they lost the ability to see all of the NAS drives (2 Dlinks, one Lenovo and one WD My Cloud) in windows explorer. The un-updated machines continue
    to access the NAS drives as before but the updated machines cannot see the NAS drives. Are there any suggestions before I start randomly changing the settings to get NAS access back?

Thanks.

JohnWilcox49, Feb 28, 2018
  3. pjl1520 Win User
    Windows 10 Network some computers appear and others do not

I have 3 laptops and a Synology NAS DS 213+ all connected to the same network.

They are all running windows 10 pro

Surface Pro (Windows 10 Original Build)

Toshiba Protégé (Windows 10 Nov Build)

Surface Book (Windows 10 Nov Build)

Synology DS 213+ NAS

Surface Pro can see all Computers and NAS (NAS appears as Computer and as Network Location)

Toshiba and Surface Book can see other computers but not NAS (NAS appears as network location)

Toshiba and Surface Book can access NAS thru previously mapped drive, but cannot see NAS to map any new drives

All computers can see and print to all network printers.

All computers are connected via wifi - NAS is Ethernet to the router

As best I can tell, all network settings are the same for all computers

Tried Network Trouble shooter - no help

I plugged in the surface book directly to the router - no change

Any ideas?

pjl1520, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Not seeing NAS drive

Old Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features On/Off > SMB 1.0/CIFS > Expand > Tick last two boxes and maybe the first as well.

There was one of these security scares for SMB 1.0 that was fixed. They altered options in that area slightly.

Helmut, Feb 28, 2018
  5. Pixie Win User
    Hello Helmut

Thank you for the quick response, these were already ticked. :-(

Pixie, Feb 28, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    Mine is a Synology NAS, that is set to SMB range SMB 1 to SMB 2 and large MTU. I don't map as a drive nor use Homegroup.

I can see all Folders on the NAS in the Windows File Explorer, copy to/from etc.

Helmut, Feb 28, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    I have 2 NAS drives on my Router and Map the Public Folder on them.

Not seeing NAS drive [​IMG]

Berton, Feb 28, 2018
  8. Pixie Win User

Not seeing NAS drive

Berton how did you see them on your Network?

Pixie, Feb 28, 2018
  9. Pixie Win User
    OK . . .. . . . Now I have no idea how this happened but it nows appears I can see the NAS, I attempted to create a Homegroup and half way through that process the nas showed up. Thank you to all those who offered their assistance *Wink

Pix

Pixie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Not seeing NAS drive

1. Not seeing NAS drive - Similar Threads - seeing NAS drive

2. Issues while seeing NAS drives running FeeBSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while seeing NAS drives running FeeBSD: I cannot see my NAS running FreeBSD. I have a SAMBA share configured. I read the article from Tech support saying I have to use a password account, not a PIN account. Yes they are on the same net and subnet. I can ping all devices with no problems but the NAS does not...
  3. NAS Drive Trouble

NAS Drive Trouble: Hi, I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work is if I plug it in directly to my PC which I can't do as I only have 1 ethernet LAN port which I use to connect to the...
  4. Can see NAS drive but cannot map it

Can see NAS drive but cannot map it: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and can see the NAS drive when I click on 'Network' in File Explorer, but when I go to 'This PC' I cannot map the NAS. Becoming very frustrated. It works fine on my other laptop (that I want to get rid of) 137538
  5. Can't see the NAS

Can't see the NAS: Hi, I just bought a Surface Book2 (Win10 and update), I can't find my NAS or any other device through my network. I have checked through the advance network sharing setting and also adjusted the FDPHost & FDResPub into automatically. The NAS & other devices can show...
  6. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  7. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  8. Can't see NAS drives in windows explorer

Can't see NAS drives in windows explorer: I recently purchased a second WD network drive. Before I installed it I could always access the first NAS's files through windows explorer under the network folder. I don't know if there was a recent update to Win 10, but the day after I installed the second NAS drive I...
  9. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  10. Win 10 not seeing NAS

Win 10 not seeing NAS: Hello Looking for some assistance, thought myself fairly intelligent *092 but this is stumping me. Have a couple of Laptops running Win 7 (lovely software) and one running this muck called win 10. I have a Seagate NAS drive on my network that all other laptops are mapped...