Windows 10: Not seeing other computers in network

Discus and support Not seeing other computers in network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by intusr, Feb 14, 2019.

1. intusr Win User

Not seeing other computers in network

After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so figured it was time to report this.

All computers are Win 10 64bits (1803 since 1809 hasn't been given to me yet (based on prev. updates I'll get it just before 190x comes)) and no Windows settings changed only Comodo IS updated but that shouldn't block seeing other computers via file explorer.

:)

intusr, Feb 14, 2019

2. After recent update...why can't I see all my computers on my network anymore?

Possible that the network discovery on your computer was turned off after installing the Windows update. Network discovery is a network setting that affects whether your computer can find other computers and devices on the network and whether other computers
    on the network can find your computer. To assist you further, we suggest that you check if the network discovery on your computer was turned on.

If network discovery was turned off, you may turn on the network discovery by following the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
    • Expand Private network profile for the one you want to turn on network discovery.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Select Turn on network discovery and click on Save changes.

After following the steps, check if you will be able to see all computers on your network.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further help.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Cant see computers on network shares

I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows.

Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares

When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot access it.

In computers c2 and c3 , all computers are listed and I can view all the shared folders in c2 , c3 including those on C4.

I cant understand why c4 have such problems viewing other computers on the network. I have rebooted router ( E4200) and computers but still have same problem .

All shared folders are properly shared. and no passwords are required for networks in adv sharing .

Not sure how to proceed to fix problem . Please advise Tks

sportflyer, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Not seeing other computers in network

Can't see workgroup computers on same network

Hi Rmilyard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Do you get any error message while connecting?

• Have you installed all the updates on your computer?

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update Network Adapter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update.

I suggest you to refer the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2: Run network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Not seeing other computers in network

1. Not seeing other computers in network - Similar Threads - seeing computers network

2. cant see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see other computer on network: We have 3 computers A,B,C on the network. A and C can be seen from all computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/50d53e2e-4ee1-4963-b52b-f4d724902710
  3. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  5. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  7. Can’t see other Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t see other Computer on Network: My laptop running Windows 10 is connected to a router via secure wifi. Our desktop is connected to the same router via ethernet (on 2 separate private networks) and was just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The desktop is able to transfer files to the laptop through...
  8. Network not seeing other computers reliably

Network not seeing other computers reliably: I updated some of my systems to build 1903 and each system has network issues. I also have a single Win 8.1 which is a backup system. Back on build 1709 all my computers could see each other at any time; even my NAS box and router storage. Now on build 1903 at times one...
  9. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...
  10. other computer don't see the network

other computer don't see the network: I have three computers in a network. Computer A see all the computer en the network harddisk en printer. Computer B see only himself in the network en the printer. Computer C see computer B and the printer but not the harddisk and computer A. The network group is the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10not seeing computer on home network page homegroup

2. not seeing other computers on network