Windows 10: Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

Discus and support Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedPlammer, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

/u/RedPlammer, Aug 12, 2022
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Aug 12, 2022
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Aug 12, 2022
  4. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in File Explorer

Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in File Explorer. This may have started after I reverted back to windows 10 from Windows 11. Let me be clear: most icons do show on the desktop, and the ones that don't show up in one instance may show up after a reboot.

BillSpires1, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

1. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - showing desktop folder

2. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  3. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  4. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  6. Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Files and folders crashing and not showing Icons: A. When searching no images show just icons B. Crashes when searching or coping files over C. Won't respond. I have run scf/scannow no errors, I have run ever DISM tool I can find, again, no errors. I have done a clean boot, and again no change. I have reset the files...
  7. Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10

Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop... [ATTACH] Even if I drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  8. Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop [ATTACH] Even if I go drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  9. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders: My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by searching through google but it didnt work. The files inside the folder disappeared too.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Explorer not showing Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not showing Desktop icons?: Hey all, I noticed that when opening Desktop in Windows Explorer, it doesn't show any of the icons of This PC, My Documents, Network and Recycle Bin. I have enabled these icons to be shown on the Desktop through the "Desktop Icons Settings" option. However, Explorer...