Windows 10: Not showing device

Discus and support Not showing device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why dont it show my device[ATTACH]so i can download certain apps from google play?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, May 29, 2020.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

Not showing device

why dont it show my device Not showing device 23d07986-bcdc-4ed4-8be5-1a92c26f4027?upload=true.png so i can download certain apps from google play?

:)

TIMMY 067, May 29, 2020

2. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, May 29, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 29, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Not showing device

webcam not working, and not showing in device manager

Hi Charles,

I understand the frustration you have. To be able to help you, we have some questions to isolate this matter:

• When did this issue start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• Were you able to use the imaging devices before?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

There are a lot of possibilities why your
    imaging devices is not showing in your device manager. One is that, the
    drivers may not be installed or
    outdated or there are
    corrupted system files
    that causes it. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting steps
    and see if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

If the update is not available, kindly check your
    manufacturer's website
    for the latest updates.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the
    DISM tool, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Not showing device

1. Not showing device - Similar Threads - showing device

2. Hard drive not showing anywhere except other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing anywhere except other devices: Toshiba Hard drive not showing up anywhere on HP 440 G7, it's a Toshiba 1 terabyte, I originally thought it was a hard drive or SATA cable but when I inut the hard drive in another computer it shows and when I place another hard drive in the computer it showsI'm currently...
  3. Hard drive not showing anywhere except other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing anywhere except other devices: Toshiba Hard drive not showing up anywhere on HP 440 G7, it's a Toshiba 1 terabyte, I originally thought it was a hard drive or SATA cable but when I inut the hard drive in another computer it shows and when I place another hard drive in the computer it showsI'm currently...
  4. Hard drive not showing anywhere except other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  6. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  7. I2C HID device not working and showing error code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID device not working and showing error code 10: I2C HID device not working and showing error code 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i2c-hid-device-not-working-and-showing-error-code/138ee86b-ddac-4f16-800b-ac5340f54c41
  8. I2C HID device not working and showing error code 10

I2C HID device not working and showing error code 10: I2C HID device not working and showing error code 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i2c-hid-device-not-working-and-showing-error-code/138ee86b-ddac-4f16-800b-ac5340f54c41
  9. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...
  10. Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports

Why is it when I plug in my USB device that it shows both com 5 and com 6 as the serial ports: I'm using Windows 11 trying to flash an esp 32s2 dev board on Arduino IDE and I can't for the life of me find out why Windows is saying I have 2 serial ports in use. nothing else is plugged in. I looked in device manager and it shows both com5 and 6 in use when plugged in and...