Windows 10: Not showing/display available networks

Discus and support Not showing/display available networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have an Asus GL502VS with Windows 10 64 bit version 1803. Ever since I updated to Creator edition the wifi symbol on the bottom right is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LooneyLee79, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Not showing/display available networks

Hi

I have an Asus GL502VS with Windows 10 64 bit version 1803. Ever since I updated to Creator edition the wifi symbol on the bottom right is not displaying any available networks when I left click. Right clicking and going into Network & Internet Settings and clicking on Show available networks also don't do anything.

My laptop automatically connects to my home wifi network but when I am out and about and trying to connect to another wifi network I can't see any.

Left clicking on the wifi symbol just gives the Windows thinking circle and then it stops and nothing.

I have been reading all the issues online and the fixes but so far all fixes does not solve my problem. I even changed the drive in Device Manager to no avail. It is an Intel AC8260.

Please help!

Cheers

:)

LooneyLee79, Nov 5, 2018

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Code:
    Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App
    Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Not showing/display available networks

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Not showing/display available networks

1. Not showing/display available networks - Similar Threads - showing display available

2. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  3. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  4. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  5. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Won't show available networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't show available networks: For some reason settings won't show available networks so i can't connect to my wifi. Can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-show-available-networks/b3baa991-95da-4e31-b6c2-e703f07d0e0b
  7. Won't show available networks

Won't show available networks: For some reason settings won't show available networks so i can't connect to my wifi. Can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-show-available-networks/b3baa991-95da-4e31-b6c2-e703f07d0e0b
  8. Device not showing available networks

Device not showing available networks: When i bought my computer everything was fine but after a while it stopped showing the available networks. Looked at every single thing I could imagine still can't find the problem what should I do?...
  9. Certain Network Not Showing On Available Networks

Certain Network Not Showing On Available Networks: As of recently, my HP Laptop has lost the ability to find our specific Network. It Still displays other available connections, but ours is nowhere to be found. Other devices we own are able to connect in the same room but this laptop is unable. Any help would be appreciated...
  10. Available Networks Not Being Displayed

Available Networks Not Being Displayed: Hello. For whatever reason, my laptop is not displaying available networks. Running the network troubleshooter returns nothing. I’ve already made certain that I didn’t accidentally leave airplane mode on. It won’t connect to the default Wi-Fi network, either. Any help would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont display available networks