Windows 10: Not showing other users in lock screen

Discus and support Not showing other users in lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NagarjunaG1, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Not showing other users in lock screen

Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in". The main problem is not showing other user names to login in lock screen. I am unable to access laptop an users. I am using Windows 10 os.

:)

NagarjunaG1, Nov 27, 2021
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Not showing other users in lock screen :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Not showing other users in lock screen

Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

Not showing other users in lock screen c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Not showing other users in lock screen

1. Not showing other users in lock screen - Similar Threads - showing users lock

2. Locked account and not showing in "Other Users"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked account and not showing in "Other Users": Hi.I have a PC that i use like a NAS. I have created multiple local accounts via Settings > Account > Other users and configured SMB sharing of various folders. It all worked fine.However a few days ago i tried to access a share from a Mac. I think i put the wrong password a...
  3. Locked account and not showing in "Other Users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked account and not showing in "Other Users": Hi.I have a PC that i use like a NAS. I have created multiple local accounts via Settings > Account > Other users and configured SMB sharing of various folders. It all worked fine.However a few days ago i tried to access a share from a Mac. I think i put the wrong password a...
  4. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  5. Lock screen not showing other user

Lock screen not showing other user: Hi, I once tried to normally open my laptop and sign in my account lets call it Alpha, but when I entered my PIN instead of signing me in it showed some white system error message, so I just clicked Ok and logged in again and all worked fine, but when I booted up my laptop...
  6. Lock screen not showing other user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  8. Not showing other users in lock screen

Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  9. Other users not showing on login screen

Other users not showing on login screen: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10, and added a second user with admin privileges. Now this second user doesn't show up on the login screen, and so I can't login to that user. How do I fix this?...
  10. Other local users doesnt show up on the windows lock screen

Other local users doesnt show up on the windows lock screen: hello there today i started my work computer and then found that the other local account users arent showing up in the lock screen to logon. only i logged on the last time so i can see my name but not the other accounts on the work pc. it is showing in the netplwiz menu...