Windows 10: Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

Discus and support Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Original issue locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris0007, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Chris0007 Win User

Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and screen turns off. But within a second the screen lits up again on the lock screen. If fast startup is disabled, this issue no longer exists......That original thread is locked but I wanted to share why this occurred on my machine and how I resolved it.It was caused by me changing a bios setting so that my machine wou

:)

Chris0007, Oct 17, 2021

2. Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

Hibernate IS enabled, but the Fast Startup box will not stay checked.

Beasley104, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry that the solution provided previously didn't work so as to the next step in making the fast startup option work I would suggest you make sure Hibernate option is enabled, please follow the below to enable Hibernate along with Fast Startup Option

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

Step 1:

Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open the Start menu or Start screen.

Step 2:

Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

Step 3:

When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

Step 4:

At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.

Step 5:

Restart the PC

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 17, 2021
  4. everettg Win User

hibernate and fast start

I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated:
    • If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled.
    ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled?

everettg, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled. - Similar Threads - Shutting Down hibernate

2. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  3. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: Original issue locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-shutting-down-even-hibernate-when-fast-startup/9f5a172a-8ab4-4a45-a301-3996a69ae863When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and...
  4. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

Fast Startup not working even when its enabled: I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But nowadays, it does not work even when I have enabled it. I tried disabling restarting and enabling restarting, but nothing worked....
  5. Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.

Not Shutting Down even hibernate when Fast Startup is enabled.: When I try to poweroff the laptop from start menu. It tries to shutdownblue shutting down.. screen and screen turns off. But within a second the screen lits up again on the lock screen. If fast startup is disabled, this issue no longer exists. When I open event viewer, I...
  6. ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled.

in Windows 10 Customization
    ClearType does not stay on after restart/shut down, even with Fast Startup disabled.: ClearType keeps disabling itself after any restart or shut down. I have to manually turn it on each time, and then restart the computer once the settings are saved. However, once I shut down or restart again, ClearType is once again disabled. I have the option for Fast...
  7. When I enable fast startup, my laptop can't shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I enable fast startup, my laptop can't shut down.: Hi, some days ago, I was having a problem where I could not shutdown my laptop. But disabling fast startup fixed it. But booting my laptop takes a lot of time. When I enable it, my laptop does not shut down. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated....
  8. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown/hibernate with fast-startup enabled.: I recently updated my windows 10 to v2004. But now whenever I try to shutdownwith fast startup enabled or hibernate, the screen goes blank and goes to the lock screen. I don't want to disable fast startup or do force shutdown everytime or reset/refresh my os install I think...
  9. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...
  10. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled: I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this: 1. First you click on shut down 2. The shut down...