Windows 10: Not sure how to fix this

Discus and support Not sure how to fix this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So 50% of the time I start up Windows in the past 5 or so days the start menu does not load up completely with pined items not appearing. The spinning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdamOfIzalith, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Not sure how to fix this

So 50% of the time I start up Windows in the past 5 or so days the start menu does not load up completely with pined items not appearing. The spinning icon happens persistly. My browser also shows as unresponding when this happens. Any time I click on the start menu in this time, the screen briefly goes black and comes back again. With the task manager open it shows that Windows has windows problem reporting up when it goes black. Have MalwareBytes premium installed and nothing shows as an issue and no significant changes on my local environment. After a reset the UI loads as normal.

Is this something other people are experiencing and if so have you any tips for fixing it?

submitted by /u/AdamOfIzalith
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdamOfIzalith, Sep 14, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 14, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Sep 14, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Not sure how to fix this

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Not sure how to fix this

1. Not sure how to fix this - Similar Threads - sure fix

2. My Pc has a "Critical Process Died" and im not sure how to fix it. I have done so many...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc has a "Critical Process Died" and im not sure how to fix it. I have done so many...: Windows 11"Critical Process Died" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-a-critical-process-died-and-im-not-sure/224a4e56-4a5d-4e21-890c-f0a855aff888
  3. My Pc has a "Critical Process Died" and im not sure how to fix it. I have done so many...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc has a "Critical Process Died" and im not sure how to fix it. I have done so many...: Windows 11"Critical Process Died" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-a-critical-process-died-and-im-not-sure/224a4e56-4a5d-4e21-890c-f0a855aff888
  4. I’ve had repeated blue screens and I’m not sure how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve had repeated blue screens and I’m not sure how to fix them.: I’ve had these issues for about a year and we’ve tried replacing the RAM,GPU and my SSD but I still have them.Down below is my mini dump fileKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption could potentially allow a...
  5. I’ve had repeated blue screens and I’m not sure how to fix them.

I’ve had repeated blue screens and I’m not sure how to fix them.: I’ve had these issues for about a year and we’ve tried replacing the RAM,GPU and my SSD but I still have them.Down below is my mini dump fileKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139 A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption could potentially allow a...
  6. how can i fix my touch pad and my usb ports by my self i am sure its just some thing i did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix my touch pad and my usb ports by my self i am sure its just some thing i did...: my laptop touchpad suddenly stopped working no idea why I tried to search for a solution on Google and tried something but ended up with more problems two of my USB ports don't work now i have only tried my mouse in them and my touch is still not working please someone help...
  7. how can i fix my touch pad and my usb ports by my self i am sure its just some thing i did...

how can i fix my touch pad and my usb ports by my self i am sure its just some thing i did...: my laptop touchpad suddenly stopped working no idea why I tried to search for a solution on Google and tried something but ended up with more problems two of my USB ports don't work now i have only tried my mouse in them and my touch is still not working please someone help...
  8. how can i fix my touch pad and my usb ports by my self i am sure its just some thing i did...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. HP Pavilion stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop. I'm not sure how to fix it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop. I'm not sure how to fix it....: Today, I noticed that there was an update on my HP Pavilion and decided to go through the update. However, I got stuck in a loop where it'd say "Diagnosing your PC", "Prepairing Automatic repair", followed by an error screen telling me that it failed. Restarting, exiting back...
  10. HP Pavilion stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop. I'm not sure how to fix it....

HP Pavilion stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop. I'm not sure how to fix it....: Today, I noticed that there was an update on my HP Pavilion and decided to go through the update. However, I got stuck in a loop where it'd say "Diagnosing your PC", "Prepairing Automatic repair", followed by an error screen telling me that it failed. Restarting, exiting back...