Windows 10: Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

Discus and support Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several hard drives with games installed on them. If I re-install windows on my drive, I am very skeptical it's not going to start wiping those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottBrady86, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

I have several hard drives with games installed on them. If I re-install windows on my drive, I am very skeptical it's not going to start wiping those other drives. I have in the past had this happen. How can I reinstall windows on my main drive and BE SURE it's not going to start wiping other drives?

:)

ScottBrady86, Nov 22, 2018
  2. little cat, Nov 22, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Dia01 Win User

Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

1. Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives - Similar Threads - sure install using

2. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  3. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  4. Multiple Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Hard Drives: I have a second hard drive in computer that is setup for D: drive. Windows decided that D: drive is a music file and thus whenever I access files on that drive I cannot see file extensions and dates. Windows brings up the music tools options and the file headers are artist,...
  5. installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed: I am going to do a fresh install windows of Win 10 on my computer which was running Win 7. I have 3 hard drives installed. Windows will be installed on my c Drive and my D and E drive have a lot of saved graphics on them. Will Windows only install itself on the C drive or...
  6. Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.

Resetting Windows with multiple hard drives.: Hello there. I recently built myself my new gaming PC and have been enjoying it. I went with mostly MSI parts to sync the RGB lighting. While messing around with the program for it, (Dragon Center) i uninstalled it incorrectly by deleting the files for it instead of using the...
  7. How do I install Windows 10 on a Laptop with Multiple Hard Drives?

How do I install Windows 10 on a Laptop with Multiple Hard Drives?: I'm doing a complete reinstall on my MSI laptop. In Linux, the internal drives are listed as sda, sdb, sdc, and sdd. I want to make sure Windows ends up on the first drive, the one Linux sees as sda. I'll be backing everything up and wiping all the drives before starting....
  8. Installing Windows, not sure which drive?

Installing Windows, not sure which drive?: Hey :) I apologise in advance if I sound totally stupid. A few days ago I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop but it failed right at the end and I ended up with no os installed. I used another computer to put Windows 10 on a usb to use to install on my laptop. I've...
  9. HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install

HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install: Fixing a friends older PC. There are two physical hard drives in the computer and I am going to completely format and reinstall Windows10 due to the 1803 failure on that machine (can't get into literally anything now). So, the PC has 2 hard drives but boots from the...
  10. How to use secondary hard drive?

How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...