Windows 10: Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

Discus and support Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WaynePB, Mar 19, 2024.

1. WaynePB Win User

Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this time. My issue is if it is an issue I would like to simply discontinue using OneDrive but I’ve just noticed that none of my files are sitting on my local machine. At least that’s how it appears. When I navigate to my documents folder on my pc, it’s practically empty, so that’s leading me to believe that once I started

:)

WaynePB, Mar 19, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not. 28714d1485953804t-onedrive-sync-issue-2015-08-06_00h31_38.png

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

4. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

0 bites on Onedrive

Hello Muhammad Hassaan Bilal

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having issues with your OneDrive files showing 0 bites after recovering them from the recycling bin. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• When was the last you had access to the files? Provide the specific date
    • What is the version of your OneDrive app?
    • Is the issue happened as well in OneDrive.com?
    The issue you are experiencing may be caused by a synchronization problem between your device and OneDrive. To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:

• Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
    • Sign out of OneDrive and then sign back in.
    • Reset OneDrive by following these steps:
      a. Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar.
      b. Select "Settings" and then click on the "Account" tab.
      c. Click on "Unlink this PC" and then click on "Unlink account".
      d. Restart your computer.
      e. Sign in to OneDrive again.

If the issue persists, you can try to restore the files from a previous version. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to the OneDrive website and sign in.
    • Navigate to the folder where the files were located.
    • Right-click on the folder and select "Version history".
    • Select the version of the file you want to restore and click on "Restore".
    We look forward to your next response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Jason Guer, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

1. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not. - Similar Threads - sure experiencing OneDrive

2. I am experiencing issues with MariaDB 10.4.32 on my Windows system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am experiencing issues with MariaDB 10.4.32 on my Windows system.: I am experiencing issues with MariaDB 10.4.32 on my Windows system. The server starts, but there are numerous InnoDB initialization notes in the log. Below are the details from the MariaDB error log: 2024-06-16 20:29:40 0 [Note] Starting MariaDB 10.4.32-MariaDB source...
  3. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  4. Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure if I am experiencing a OneDrive issue or not.: Hello All,A couple of weeks ago I started using OneDrive for the very first time. Over the past couple of days, I’ve wound up downloading a bunch of beefy files and I have shot over and above my allotted limit of 5 gigs and I choose not to upgrade for more storage at this...
  5. Hardware issues I am not sure how to fix.

Hardware issues I am not sure how to fix.: After gaming on my computer the PC suddenly crashes. I have checked the hardware monitor and have received these messages:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎5/‎1/‎2023 7:57 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  6. Hardware issues I am not sure how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issues I am not sure how to fix.: After gaming on my computer the PC suddenly crashes. I have checked the hardware monitor and have received these messages:SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎5/‎1/‎2023 7:57 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  7. Hi I am having issues with onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I am having issues with onedrive.: I cannot find the app on my laptop, only the version of it within my files. When I went to install the app, it says I can't because I have a newer version of OneDrive already installed, but when I tried to uninstall OneDrive from my laptop, it says "This file does not have an...
  8. Hi I am having issues with onedrive.

Hi I am having issues with onedrive.: I cannot find the app on my laptop, only the version of it within my files. When I went to install the app, it says I can't because I have a newer version of OneDrive already installed, but when I tried to uninstall OneDrive from my laptop, it says "This file does not have an...
  9. I am experiencing weird issues on my system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am experiencing weird issues on my system.: Hello. First of all, my Microsoft Store doesn't work properly, I can't download anything really, error message pops up and download ends. So I tried repairing the Microsoft Store by uninstalling and installing it again via Powershell, because troubleshooters didn't seem to...
  10. Hi, I am experiencing BSODs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi, I am experiencing BSODs.: These BSODs seem to happen whilst playing games. 152888