Windows 10: Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this...

Discus and support Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drinksyourapplejuice [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/drinksyourapplejuice, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this...

/u/drinksyourapplejuice, Mar 29, 2020
  2. ta1s0n Win User

Brand new laptop - Windows 10 [SEVERAL bugs!]

So i was very excited since i bought a new laptop from Alienware \ Dell this week

but it has a lot of bugs which are very annoying:

First of all, the

• WinKey + Arrow issue
    after some time, when maximizing screens or moving them left or right (Using the [WinKey + Arrow] combination) it suddenly stops working. the key WinKey alone is working, keyboard arrows are working.. but to use this functionality..
    not working any more... The only way i found to fix this issue was to restart the computer - and then it would work. I have seen people suggesting to enable "Snap" on the options, but it is already enabled.. there is some other bug in here.

• Maximized screen, not fully maximized
    i have experienced a weird problem, in which when i have a maximized screen (for example chrome browser) moving between desktops and coming back to the browser, for some reason it wasnt really fully maximized.. it was like 1 inch
    away from the top of the screen.. with a weird little space (Although the icon of the 'Restore' was showing, in order to "fix" it i had to minimize and maximize the screen again. Which was not so bad if the WinKey + Down, WinKey + Up combinations
    worked..

• Not really a problem, more of a request - Virtual desktops
    If you want to have that "multiple \ virtual desktops" to work as users expect.. make it more like linux? The ability to move one screen to another from the keyboard (CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + ARROW) is something i use a lot and it will
    be very helpfull. if you could add that, and allow to change the WinKey to Alt for example, it could be better for me at least.

• Graphic card crashs - Nvidia gtx 970, version 10.18.13.5940
    i am using dual monitors, and very often, when i am using "FullScreen" on a video on youtube for example, i get a message that the driver crashed, and my secondary monitor stopped working. In order to workaround that, i have to uninstall
    the driver, and re install it using the DeviceManager.. unfortunately for me, it occurs way too often and i cannot use my secondary monitor to watch videos. It does happen for my laptop main monitor as well. but a lot more often when i put a full screen on
    my secondary monitor. the same problem happens for both monitors. what is the issue with that? Brand new laptop and i cant play youtube videos.

• Screen "Dead pixels" Issue
    on my laptop's monitor i have "Dead pixels" thingy (Again brand new laptop, got it last week)

here are pictures to demonstrate the issue:

Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this... 30c5caec-8e6c-42c1-b80f-30ec1d622e54.jpg

Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this... 76b6e7cd-ff8b-45e7-ae22-d0ce58cf2202.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2pyp6kk.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/wtyk3d.jpg

to fix this problem, i have to restart windows.

• Graphic card randomly crashing
    sometimes i get a norification of the graphic card that it have crashed, and was restarted successfully or some message similar to that.. This is worrying me.. any idea what is the reason?

All of those issues make me wonder if even windows 10 is ready for mass production and if its not yet on some beta testing.

What can i do to fix my problems? i usually find the solutions on the internet, but all i saw was other frustrated people like me who could not find a proper fix yet.

If you would suggest going back to windows 7 is the solution, please tell me! i will do that to fix my problems and to be able to work freely with my laptop.

Also those Graphic Card crashes are extremely annoying, i hope i can get the solution in here, if not where should i turn to post the issues?

ta1s0n, Mar 29, 2020
  3. menarez Win User
    brand new lap top battery

I ran the troubleshoot power option and it said “Display brightness setting is too high”

but it’s a brand new laptop, i should think I could expect the most from it.

I haven’t tried the next steps uou have suggested yet.

menarez, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this...

Brand new laptop - Windows 10 [SEVERAL bugs!]

Brand new - came with Windows 10 - laptop? Contact the manufacturer of said laptop for support and/or repair and/or replacement and/or return as it sounds more like that particular laptop is a lemon.

Shenan Stanley, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this...

1. Not sure if this a bug. But, ever since I got this laptop brand new, it does this... - Similar Threads - sure bug ever

2. Why did my laptop start crashing ever since i got the new windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my laptop start crashing ever since i got the new windows 11 22H2 update: today i got the windows 22H2 and a few hours ago i was playing games when it suddenly froze and crash. There is no information about the crash on reliablity monitor rather it just gives a message that windows was not properly shut down. when i got the bluescreen it said...
  3. I got a brand new laptop asus for Christmas but its laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a brand new laptop asus for Christmas but its laggy: I got a brand new laptop asus for Christmas but its always slow and laggy turned on the haven't downloaded anything but it's all buggy then my fans start going loud despite I've one had it on for 3 minutes on a hard surface weve checked and the disc drive isnt broken and its...
  4. I got a brand new laptop asus for Christmas but its laggy

I got a brand new laptop asus for Christmas but its laggy: I got a brand new laptop asus for Christmas but its always slow and laggy turned on the haven't downloaded anything but it's all buggy then my fans start going loud despite I've one had it on for 3 minutes on a hard surface weve checked and the disc drive isnt broken and its...
  5. Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.: Hi.So I recently got a new PCIE Network card, and ever since I have been getting disconnected for a few seconds once in a while.Sometimes its 5 seconds, then 30 seconds and it can happen at any time.I have tried loopback pinging and when the internet cuts out the cmd says...
  6. Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.

Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.: Hi.So I recently got a new PCIE Network card, and ever since I have been getting disconnected for a few seconds once in a while.Sometimes its 5 seconds, then 30 seconds and it can happen at any time.I have tried loopback pinging and when the internet cuts out the cmd says...
  7. Brand new pc Crashing since i bought it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new pc Crashing since i bought it.: Had this pc a few months was brand new , really good spec paid around 1.5k but from the get go it was crashing.Really stuck ive had alot of friends look at it from discord showing them errors no one seems to know the problem.i feel i have an obsurd amount of error and...
  8. Brand new pc Crashing since i bought it.

Brand new pc Crashing since i bought it.: Had this pc a few months was brand new , really good spec paid around 1.5k but from the get go it was crashing.Really stuck ive had alot of friends look at it from discord showing them errors no one seems to know the problem.i feel i have an obsurd amount of error and...
  9. So i'm not quite sure what to do, ever since I got the new update my pc hasen't been...

in Windows 10 Customization
    So i'm not quite sure what to do, ever since I got the new update my pc hasen't been...: So with my computer, whenever I restart it, it just deletes all of my apps and addons as well as since I've gotten a new update, none of the Microsoft apps will work including the help desk app, photos app anything of that sort just won't work and I really don't know what to...
  10. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....