Windows 10: Not sure, what causes this?

Discus and support Not sure, what causes this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Copy/paste is a very useful function,in Windows. I use it, all the time!Many times, after doing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Not sure, what causes this?

My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Copy/paste is a very useful function,in Windows. I use it, all the time!Many times, after doing a copy. When I, paste it down.What shows up, is a 9+ ??I'm sure, I can't stop it. I, just wondered. Where it, comes from?And why, I don't see 9+.When I'm doing, the copy? Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Jan 18, 2022

2. Screen tearing not sure of cause

You posted a lot of information. That isn't a bad thing, but I would say a good chunk of people coming into the thread are going to be put off by it.

What I would suggest is taking the information you have there and short-handing it. People find it more readable to go down through a list of what has occurred and what you've done about it so far.

I'm sure someone will be along to help. That your mobo threw a beep code suggesting memory, and you ran 4 passes on it (MemTest?) without any problems, maybe you're looking at a problem with the mobo.

Again, try and shorthand your post.

OnePostWonder, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Screen tearing not sure of cause

Okay, I'll try that if need be, but I'm sure it's not the cause of my problems. I doubt it would cause screen tear/freezing, especially since I've been using dual monitors for about a year prior to this without issue; 6 months of those 12 were with a CRT, and the other 6 with this LCD tv as a secondary LCD monitor.

So on the topic of other tests....do you or anyone else have any other suggestions/tests I can run? Or know how to run memtestCL on a larger scale? I read I should do a multi thousand iteration test of memtestCL to be accurate/reliable, but I couldn't see an option to set how many iterations it'd do, or how much memory to test like was suggested on the site *Frown Not sure, what causes this? :(

Eon the Wolf, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Not sure, what causes this?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Not sure, what causes this?

1. Not sure, what causes this? - Similar Threads - sure causes

2. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and not sure what else to check at this point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and not sure what else to check at this point: Hello all,I've been having BSOD issues for months and finally dug in but can't figure it out. I initially found some issues with the RAM using memtest but have 2 good sticks in there now and still get BSOD so I think I can rule out RAM.It typically happens overnight and I...
  3. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and not sure what else to check at this point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and not sure what else to check at this point: Hello all,I've been having BSOD issues for months and finally dug in but can't figure it out. I initially found some issues with the RAM using memtest but have 2 good sticks in there now and still get BSOD so I think I can rule out RAM.It typically happens overnight and I...
  4. Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause: My PC has started crashing at least once a day with a blue screen saying "watchdog DPC violation".I've tried to look at the crash dump files but not really sure what im looking for to identify the cause.I've uploaded the dump file here if anyone can assist with this -...
  5. Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause: My PC has started crashing at least once a day with a blue screen saying "watchdog DPC violation".I've tried to look at the crash dump files but not really sure what im looking for to identify the cause.I've uploaded the dump file here if anyone can assist with this -...
  6. Blue screen crashes on Windows 10. Not sure of the cause

7. Not sure how to grant the permissions? DistributedCOM 10016, I think this is causing my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure how to grant the permissions? DistributedCOM 10016, I think this is causing my...: This is the error I get! I no longer get the issue with the graphics card, that was solved by removing HAGS.But heavy games keeps crashing when going online. For now what I want to fix is the permissions.I already gave Full Control to the Administrators on RegEdit for the...
  8. Not sure how to grant the permissions? DistributedCOM 10016, I think this is causing my...

Not sure how to grant the permissions? DistributedCOM 10016, I think this is causing my...: This is the error I get! I no longer get the issue with the graphics card, that was solved by removing HAGS.But heavy games keeps crashing when going online. For now what I want to fix is the permissions.I already gave Full Control to the Administrators on RegEdit for the...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is: Hi all, over the last week or so I've been unable to use my PC for more than a couple hours at a time without a BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I'm unsure of what to do. I get a couple different BSODs, but most frequently I get "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR". It typically happens...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Ran tests, not sure what the issue is: Hi all, over the last week or so I've been unable to use my PC for more than a couple hours at a time without a BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I'm unsure of what to do. I get a couple different BSODs, but most frequently I get "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR". It typically happens...