Windows 10: Not sure what I pressed but my search bar in file explorer is bigger now, how do I get it back?

Discus and support Not sure what I pressed but my search bar in file explorer is bigger now, how do I get it back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jp7302 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jp7302, Jan 13, 2020.

1. /u/jp7302 Win User

Not sure what I pressed but my search bar in file explorer is bigger now, how do I get it back?

/u/jp7302, Jan 13, 2020

2. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 13, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Not sure what I pressed but my search bar in file explorer is bigger now, how do I get it back?

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Not sure what I pressed but my search bar in file explorer is bigger now, how do I get it back?

1. Not sure what I pressed but my search bar in file explorer is bigger now, how do I get it back? - Similar Threads - sure pressed search

2. How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar: i would like the fun icons back on my search bar. I know a lot of peope don't like this but I do. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-fun-icons-back-on-my-search-bar/a065c8ac-5458-4583-95c4-54dfd189e5f1
  3. How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar: i would like the fun icons back on my search bar. I know a lot of peope don't like this but I do. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-fun-icons-back-on-my-search-bar/a065c8ac-5458-4583-95c4-54dfd189e5f1
  4. How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  6. How do I get File Explorer back?

How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  7. How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?

How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?: I resize my search bar to line up with how I have the details panel.However, no matter how many times I set the width of it, it always begins to overtake the address bar. I close all explorer windows, open 1, set the width, then close it. When I open a new window the search...
  8. How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?: I resize my search bar to line up with how I have the details panel.However, no matter how many times I set the width of it, it always begins to overtake the address bar. I close all explorer windows, open 1, set the width, then close it. When I open a new window the search...
  9. How do I get the File Explorer search bar to stop resizing?

10. How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?: It seems to have completely disappeared. I use it quite often, and would like to know what setting I'm not seeing. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-internet-search-back-in-the-task-bar/33e22c3f-6afa-46b9-83cc-1632484393c0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer make search bar bigger