Windows 10: Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

Discus and support Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a process going on in the task manager that is chewing up 50% of my CPU can someone tell me what it is - see pic. Is it just another add on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Oct 8, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

I have a process going on in the task manager that is chewing up 50% of my CPU can someone tell me what it is - see pic. Is it just another add on and how can I get rid of it as I can disable it but it returns after a reboot.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Oct 8, 2020

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

"Service Host: Windows Manage..." chews up my CPU

I've been having this problem for a while now. Why does this "Service Host Windows Manage.." chew up my CPU and how can I solve this problem?
    Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager f4488fee-dfc1-4e4e-bd83-540b1c5d9dfa?upload=true.png

JackIsraelson, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

1. Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager - Similar Threads - sure chewing CPU

2. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  3. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  4. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager cpu speed: So my task manager shows 1.50 ghz speed, even if i open a ton of apps, its usually below that but when i try to max it out it only caps at 1.5 ghz. And it shows the max seed is 1.8 ghz yet i can go more than 5 ghz,My pc specs:Dell inspiron 14 5410, i7 1196G7. 12 gb ram with...
  6. Task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager cpu speed: So my task manager shows 1.50 ghz speed, even if i open a ton of apps, its usually below that but when i try to max it out it only caps at 1.5 ghz. And it shows the max seed is 1.8 ghz yet i can go more than 5 ghz,My pc specs:Dell inspiron 14 5410, i7 1196G7. 12 gb ram with...
  7. Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not sure what is chewing up my CPU in task manager: I have a process going on in the task manager that is chewing up 50% of my CPU can someone tell me what it is - see pic. Is it just another add on and how can I get rid of it as I can disable it but it returns after a reboot. 165946
  8. What's up with my task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with my task manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DumbRacer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8c75m/whats_up_with_my_task_manager/
  9. Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager using up to 60% of my CPU: I recently did a factory reset of my computer. Since then, Task Manager has been using a lot of my CPU. No matter what programs I close, usage is always at 100%....
  10. "Service Host: Windows Manage..." chews up my CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Service Host: Windows Manage..." chews up my CPU: I've been having this problem for a while now. Why does this "Service Host Windows Manage.." chew up my CPU and how can I solve this problem?[ATTACH]...