Windows 10: not sure what to do and afraid we lost everything.... • wifi not working • updated computer...

Discus and support not sure what to do and afraid we lost everything.... • wifi not working • updated computer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cody_hoff713 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cody_hoff713, Mar 5, 2020.

1. not sure what to do and afraid we lost everything.... • wifi not working • updated computer...

/u/Cody_hoff713, Mar 5, 2020

2. lost

Hello,

In order for us to provide you with an appropriate resolution, kindly tell us more about your concern:

• When did the issue start?
    • Can you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to this concern (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you visit this link which includes resolutions on how to find lost files
    in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Lizette Ags, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Wifi not working on this computer

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I can understand that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the error message you with the Wi-Fi router?

• Does this issue occur while using a wired net connection?

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates using a wired net connection and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Fix network connection issues:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 5, 2020
  4. rob1618 Win User

not sure what to do and afraid we lost everything.... • wifi not working • updated computer...

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

not sure what to do and afraid we lost everything.... • wifi not working • updated computer...

1. not sure what to do and afraid we lost everything.... • wifi not working • updated computer... - Similar Threads - sure afraid lost

2. I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?: I think I allow instead of deny on one of those Trojan horse fake virus pop ups. I’m running a scan now but I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?...
  3. I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?: I think I allow instead of deny on one of those Trojan horse fake virus pop ups. I’m running a scan now but I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?...
  4. I’m afraid I’ve compromised my computer. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  6. Not sure what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure what to do: So mcafee was saying my computer was at risk last night and I didn’t think much of it because I thought it was just trying to get me to buy it but today my computer is working WAY slowing then usual so I don’t really know what to do. Can somebody please tell me what’s going...
  7. Edge Update and Everything Lost!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Update and Everything Lost!: So I come in this morning and have an EDGE update. My desktop has been completely wiped out, my favorites are gone, my edge start page does not link to where I had it and all my passwords that are auto filled are gone. In addition, the mail button does not take me anywhere;...
  8. not sure what to do next

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    not sure what to do next: I am running windows 10 pro 32 bit on an older Dell Inspiron1545 the version num. is 1809. I was wondering if I could run virtualization on this computer. I was told to download vmware. I have checked there is no virtualization in the Bios, I also checked the cpu and it...
  9. not sure what to do next

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    not sure what to do next: I have an older Dell Inspiron 1545, I bought it used. I downloaded workstation Player, but do not know what to do after I install vmware Workstation player. Will vmware work on my system, I am running Windows 10 pro 32bit on my laptop. I can't go any further until my first...
  10. Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Locking Up and Not Sure What to Do.: Good Evening, I have recently been battling with my computer locking up, it will not blue screen or give me an error code. It just freezes and restarts. It does it while I'm streaming, editing videos, heck I even tried just leaving the computer on with it on idle and it...