Windows 10: Not sure where to begin

Discus and support Not sure where to begin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To make a long story short, I inherited a refurbished desktop computer for my home. I believe it originally ran Windows 7, but had been upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ashley1337RN, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Not sure where to begin

To make a long story short, I inherited a refurbished desktop computer for my home. I believe it originally ran Windows 7, but had been upgraded to Windows 10 just prior to my receiving it.

As of late, the computer is running frustratingly slow, and now I am having major networking issues where it'll connect for a few moments to the network and have internet, only to throw me error messages when trying to load a webpage before disconnecting completely. Also, there's times where my wifi network doesn't show up on the list of available networks even though it's up and running (from the looks of it) perfectly fine. It's frustrating because my daughter is doing homeschooling for grade 5 because of COVID, and now her main "classroom" doesn't have a solid, working connection that is not as slow as a slug.

Please help me to troubleshoot and fix these issues?

:)

Ashley1337RN, Sep 15, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Screen tearing not sure of cause

You posted a lot of information. That isn't a bad thing, but I would say a good chunk of people coming into the thread are going to be put off by it.

What I would suggest is taking the information you have there and short-handing it. People find it more readable to go down through a list of what has occurred and what you've done about it so far.

I'm sure someone will be along to help. That your mobo threw a beep code suggesting memory, and you ran 4 passes on it (MemTest?) without any problems, maybe you're looking at a problem with the mobo.

Again, try and shorthand your post.

OnePostWonder, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Not sure where to begin

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Not sure where to begin

1. Not sure where to begin - Similar Threads - sure where begin

2. Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?: My old windows 10 had lots of problems so I decided to change my windows 10 also I wanted to delete any files on my ~500 gb hard driver So I did it I deleted all of my disks that i had before and made 3 local disk like C: 172 gb D: 145 gb E: 145When the installation of...
  3. Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?: My old windows 10 had lots of problems so I decided to change my windows 10 also I wanted to delete any files on my ~500 gb hard driver So I did it I deleted all of my disks that i had before and made 3 local disk like C: 172 gb D: 145 gb E: 145When the installation of...
  4. Where is local disks I set at beginning of windows installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple issues not sure where to start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple issues not sure where to start: So my first issue is every time I turn my computer on it says admin password incorrect prior to me even typing anything in. My bamboo pen that i bought with the computer was working fine until one day it wasnt. It doesnt even register when i attempt to use it. yes i changed...
  6. Looking for a “support diagnostics code”. Anyone know where to begin?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a “support diagnostics code”. Anyone know where to begin?: Trying to remove a piece of software, “Covenant Eyes”. While it’s running, I’ve found the file, and within that an application called “RegisterCovenantEyesW” Activating it brought up C:\Users[myUserName]\Desktop\Covenant Eyes\CE\ce-configure.exe This displays a list of...
  7. Blue Screen issues not sure where to go...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen issues not sure where to go...: I used WinDBG to read the crash report but im not sure where to go from there... if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. here was the report that I saw if that will help.. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright...
  8. i dont know where to begin...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i dont know where to begin...: I need help with literally everything...no kidding,,new pc, wont hardly work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_other/i-dont-know-where-to-begin/ade63b4d-f825-412e-9b0b-c57cedc76a8d
  9. BSOD random times, not sure where to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD random times, not sure where to start: Hello! I did upgrade to the insider program, and it was giving my BSOD a lot less. (example: once a month vs couple times a week) It's very frusterating, and I have no idea where to start. Can someone point me in the right direction? Couple of honorable mentions, my...
  10. Where Do I Begin???

in Windows 10 Support
    Where Do I Begin???: Hi Everyone, I'm Amy. I'm new to this forum and Completely New to Windows 10. I've been reading through a lot of the threads and tutorials posted on this site. To be honest I have absolutely no idea where to begin. If someone could just point me in the right direction I would...