Windows 10: Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.

Discus and support Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently had a hard crash of my laptop, so bought a new one. It came with OneDrive installed and active. I'm not sure if I want OD at all have backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TDCarp, Apr 29, 2022.

1. TDCarp Win User

Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.

Recently had a hard crash of my laptop, so bought a new one. It came with OneDrive installed and active. I'm not sure if I want OD at all have backup software, and this is the only device I use to access my data, but haven't yet been able to figure out whether to remove the application, or leave it installed but unused. I currently have it NOT starting automatically when I log on to Windows, so, best I can tell, it's not actually syncing.Am I correct in assuming that the OneDrive folder that's in the path C:/user/me/OneDrive means the application only looks there to sync files? In other

:)

TDCarp, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

ODS file

Hello Geoffrey,

There are several reasons why you are unable to open ODS files, it could be that the file is corrupted or has been deleted. Let's find out what's causing this problem. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Where did you save the file? Was it in File Explorer or OneDrive?
    • Were you prompted with any error messages when you tried opening the file?
    • Does this issue happen when opening an ODS file only?
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue? Installed any software or updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your reply, so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Apr 29, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    OneDrive has hijacked my "Documents" folder

Hi Keegan,

To isolate your issue regarding with your data which is missing, we'd like to ask if your OneDrive files was synced with your computer before you uninstall it. If you experience data loss, we suggest that you login to your OneDrive.

• Login to www.onedrive.com.
    • Click on the question mark icon on the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
    • Select Email OneDrive Support.
    • Fill out the box and include the following:
    • Device/Time the files were seen.
    • Folder/file names that went missing.
    • Permission to view the OD Account History.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 29, 2022
  4. Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.

1. Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD. - Similar Threads - sure whether remove

2. Not sure whether RAM or Motherboard are causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure whether RAM or Motherboard are causing BSOD: Been experiencing near-daily issues with BSOD. All signs point to a RAM error, but I have run both memtest86 and a memory diagnostic to test the issue. Both tests reported zero issues. My Dad suggested that it could be my motherboard which is running the latest BIOS that is...
  3. Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.: Recently had a hard crash of my laptop, so bought a new one. It came with OneDrive installed and active. I'm not sure if I want OD at all have backup software, and this is the only device I use to access my data, but haven't yet been able to figure out whether to remove the...
  4. Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure whether to remove OneDrive or somehow isolate it. Basic questions about OD.: Recently had a hard crash of my laptop, so bought a new one. It came with OneDrive installed and active. I'm not sure if I want OD at all have backup software, and this is the only device I use to access my data, but haven't yet been able to figure out whether to remove the...
  5. Basic question about microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Basic question about microsoft store: If I login in microsoft store, is going to be only for the store or for the whole system? submitted by /u/Chuil01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ervu3c/basic_question_about_microsoft_store/
  6. Question about onedrive versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about onedrive versions: I recently reinstalled windows and I was having a issue with onedrivesetup being stuck in my startup list so I reinstalled it from that exe already on the pc and the onedrive logo changed into a multicolored blue cloud from solid blue logo. The store says however I don't...
  7. Basic Question about User Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Question about User Permissions: Hello, I am trying to set up a second user on my laptop (Windows 10) for the first time. The idea is to give a colleague access to a single folder and its subfolders, but not its parent folders or any other folders on the machine. I have created a new user and, from the...
  8. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...
  9. A basic question about occassional BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A basic question about occassional BSOD: I can see that BSOD can be a can of worms, and don't want to tangle with it unless necessary (as I have some other issues I am dealing with). I only get BSOD infrequently, usually a few weeks apart, they don't persist, and the machine runs well for a while after the 100%...
  10. Basic questions about DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Basic questions about DISM: My wife's laptop has a corruption that sfc /scannow could not fix so I am going to try DISM. But first I have some basic questions. (And please forgive any incorrect terminology in the questions.) Last Sept I used the MCT to build a USB flash memory with Win10 AU. I read...