Windows 10: not sure whom to ask or what forum for questions on disk partitiion

Discus and support not sure whom to ask or what forum for questions on disk partitiion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently suffered thru a system crash. windows 7. I purchased a new power supply and also a new 1TB SSD drive onto which I installed Windows 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by avatrx, Jun 15, 2020.

1. avatrx Win User

not sure whom to ask or what forum for questions on disk partitiion

I recently suffered thru a system crash. windows 7. I purchased a new power supply and also a new 1TB SSD drive onto which I installed Windows 10 Pro.

In disk management the drive shows as two sections. I read a piece on which drive should be active and although the system boots up fine - the larger part of the drive is not the active one.

I also purchased a 3TB spin drive (hitachi) that I formatted but formatted as MBR I can only see part of the drive. the balance is unallocated. I tried formatting it as GPT and the whole drive seems to be formatted, but in the 'This PC" it doesn't show up. that now has backups on it from various drives. I'd like to use the whole drive but not sure if I can at this point. I have EaseUs partition 14, but not sure how to use it or even if I can.

sorry if this post is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where to start. photos attached on my disk management once I figure out how to do that. I think I uploaded the file but not sure

thank you for helping.

:)

avatrx, Jun 15, 2020

2. how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 15, 2020
  3. avatrx Win User

I recently suffered thru a system crash. windows 7. I purchased a new power supply and also a new 1TB SSD drive onto which I installed Windows 10 Pro.

In disk management the drive shows as two sections. I read a piece on which drive should be active and although the system boots up fine - the larger part of the drive is not the active one.

I also purchased a 3TB spin drive (hitachi) that I formatted but formatted as MBR I can only see part of the drive. the balance is unallocated. I tried formatting it as GPT and the whole drive seems to be formatted, but in the 'This PC" it doesn't show up. that now has backups on it from various drives. I'd like to use the whole drive but not sure if I can at this point. I have EaseUs partition 14, but not sure how to use it or even if I can.

sorry if this post is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where to start. photos attached on my disk management once I figure out how to do that. I think I uploaded the file but not sure

thank you for helping.

avatrx, Jun 15, 2020
  4. avatrx Win User

will I lose any data on it by doing that or should I back up all that first. I have only had this system up and running for 2 days and finally got my software installed.........but if I convert it at this point, can I just do it? the 3TB drive is just for storage. but that one can't be converted. Disk 0 is not the main drive. Disk 1 is the one with the system on it. the only option I have for that is to convert to Dynamic Disk and I don't know what that is.

I had used a dock to put info on the Disk0 before I installed it. I had Win10 up and running - then added it. I didn't remember if with the new SATA drive connections you had to put certain drives in a certain order.

these are probably no brainer questions for you out there, but my computer knowledge dates back to the 70's where you had to use jumpers on devices to signify the order. I just haven't done much in the past few years , so I don't remember. I put this system together years ago..........I know just enough to really screw myself up. I think I'm getting a little paranoid about losing my data. I lost a lot when the SSD drive tanked due to the PS failing and probably overheating.

I'm just now finding some of my backup thumb drives with data on it which is critical to my small business.

avatrx, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. not sure whom to ask or what forum for questions on disk partitiion - Similar Threads - sure whom ask

2. Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, or if I should be in a hardware forum, but here...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, or if I should be in a hardware forum, but here...: Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, or if I should be in a hardware forum, but here goes, thank you for your patience: Lenovo ThinkPad P50 with Win 11 1. It's the number one key. I have done the standard recommended fixes for the number one key when it stopped echoing...
  3. Ask a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask a question: I don't know why difficult for me but where are my recent asked questions stored in the Community want view them????Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-a-question/534b45ae-64f2-47dd-bc54-2468758d2a9a
  4. Ask a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ask a question: I don't know why difficult for me but where are my recent asked questions stored in the Community want view them????Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-a-question/534b45ae-64f2-47dd-bc54-2468758d2a9a
  5. Forum categorisation question

in Windows 10 Support
    Forum categorisation question: Hello, is there a way to remove a thread start from one section of this forum and put it in another one please. I've started a thread but now I realise its in the wrong category. Thanks, Stuart 173404
  6. What forum to post this in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What forum to post this in: I would like to recover files that have been deleted from my recycle bin. I don't know what forum to post a question about this in. 171768
  7. not sure whom to ask or what forum for questions on disk partitiion

in Windows 10 Support
    not sure whom to ask or what forum for questions on disk partitiion: I recently suffered thru a system crash. windows 7. I purchased a new power supply and also a new 1TB SSD drive onto which I installed Windows 10 Pro. In disk management the drive shows as two sections. I read a piece on which drive should be active and although the system...
  8. ask question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ask question: Where can I find a screenshot I've taken on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-question/7a5ed7fc-c386-4e25-bd00-de43202e91b5"
  9. not sure what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not sure what this is?: versionCode:3068 versionName:1.7.0 sharedUserLabel:0 device id:F22FA39196261E59ACAB77F109943367470539AE22B3598FA419E1045161D907 packageName:com.audible.application sharedUserId:null RELEASE:4.4.4 SDK:19 BOARD: MSM8926 BRAND:Verizon DEVICE:matisseltevzw...
  10. Ask a Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ask a Question: Windows10 * * * * Tips for Good Questions Describe the Problem List any details that describe the issue, including error codes or error message text. List Product Info Be as specific as possible about model or version, like Windows 10S, Surface Pro 4, or Office 2013....