Windows 10: Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X

Discus and support Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had no problem to right-click on PowerShell for Adminstrator privileges. Then I type the line with PS > Install-Module SpeculationControl and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X

I had no problem to right-click on PowerShell for Adminstrator privileges. Then I type the line with

PS > Install-Module SpeculationControl and it works then I do the next line below:

PS > Get-SpeculationControlSettings and doesn't work as I got the red message after type the line. Here is the message below:

Get-SpeculationControlSettings : The term 'Get-SpeculationControlSettings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line: 1 char: 1
    + Get-SpeculationControlSettings
    +------------------------------------
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-SpeculationControlSettings:Strings) [ ], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Now you see above with my problem of PowerShell. I was trying to find information about my system is vulnerable or not.

Is there a way for me to get my PowerShell fixed so I will be able to check this.

Yes I have Windows Update yesterday with KB4056892 installed on my desktop.

Let me know about this.

John

:)

imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Windows 10 patch to protect against ransomware

If you're using windows defender I would patch the system now.

Make sure to download the correct version of the os, 32x or 64x.

kjl1956, Jan 5, 2018
  3. how to make sure windows 10 professional does not reboot after updates

Hi,

For more information about your concern, please check this link on
    how to stop Windows 10 from automatically restarting.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X

Tried your command, didn't work for me either.

Berton, Jan 5, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 5, 2018
  6. Brink -- Want to say thank you for your help but still the same after the last line. But when I typed the second line and hit ' Enter " and the box with the Apps popped up on the screen. So do I have to take one app like NotePad or other apps that show on the box.

John

imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018
  7. Superfly Win User
    Did you import? PS can't find it from the session you are in.

Superfly, Jan 5, 2018
  8. Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X

Superfly -- I am not sure what you mean " Did I import? PS can't find it from the session you are in. " I am sorry I am not clear understand what you mean about this.

John

imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    John,

I believe he may have meant if you got the option to type "Y" like below to import "NuGet".

Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 5, 2018
  10. Brink -- Here is my screenshot of PowerShell off my desktop and you will see the APP popped up after I type the first line below:

Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X [​IMG]

Let me know about this -- why is the APP box popped up?

John

imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Let's see what you get when you run all 3 commands below in the same PowerShell window like in the news article below.

*Arrow Windows Client Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities - Windows 10 Forums

Temporarily set PowerShell script execution policy
    PS> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope Process -Force

Install the PowerShell module
    PS > Install-Module SpeculationControl -Force

Run the PowerShell module to validate protections are enabled
    PS > Get-SpeculationControlSettings

Brink, Jan 5, 2018
  12. Thank you for other try and still the same with after type the second line and the APP box popped up on the screen. Now my question is that what I have on my PowerShell? Look below:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope Process -Force

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Install-Module SpeculationControl -Force

Then the APP box popped up on the screen so I cancel this and go on to third line below:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-SpeculationControlSettings

At last got the red error message below:

Get-SpeculationControlSettings : The term 'Get-SpeculationControlSettings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line: 1 char: 1
    + Get-SpeculationControlSettings
    +------------------------------------
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-SpeculationControlSettings:Strings) [ ], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I wonder if the program of Windows PowerShell is corrupted because I already have try two different things you provided. And nothing goes further to see the whole box that you provided your screenshot here above.

John

imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

In that case, see if running the command below after the first one may allow the rest of the commands afterwards.

Set-PSRepository psgallery -InstallationPolicy trusted

Brink, Jan 5, 2018
  14. Finally got this working now with PowerShell. Want to appreciate to Brink for your patience with this help. I appreciated this.

John

imcanadian, Jan 5, 2018
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome John . *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Not sure with my PowerShell in Windows 10 Professional 64X - Similar Threads - sure PowerShell Professional

2. Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Professional: Hello,I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 10 Professional. I have a Dell lap top with a 120G Sandisk SSD drive. The upgrade went good I was able to clear the device manager with all the hardware working as it should. My hard drive is split into 3 partitions...
  3. Installing windows 10 64x BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 64x BSOD: I built a new computer and when I was going to install windows from my boot usb it crashed, saying “stornvme.sys error”, so I tried a few more times, I only had 1 drive in it, a mp400 1tb.So I loaded a precious ssd i had, with windows in it already but I kept getting bsod...
  4. Windows 10 professional

Windows 10 professional: Hello people,I got my new laptop Hp omen ek0019tx few days back. It comes with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Im planning to upgrade to upgrade it to windows 10 pro through genuine oem product key. After any OS update will it switch back to windows home edition as it comes with it...
  5. My audio is not working windows 10 64x, on MacbookPro Mid2011

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio is not working windows 10 64x, on MacbookPro Mid2011: Split from this thread.My audio is not working windows 10 64x, on MacbookPro Mid2011 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-is-not-working-windows-10-64x-on/2a078dae-79a9-443d-94ca-ca410f48d3ab
  6. Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Professional: Hello: I received the free upgrade Windows 10 Professional on my Toshiba. I am now have a new MacBook Pro 10.15.3 and I would like to transfer my Windows 10 Professional digital license to my Mac. Can I do this or doing I have to by a whole new Windows 10 Professional...
  7. Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Professional: So I upgraded to win 10 pro (oem) after reading win 7 will be no longer receive updates and what not after jan 2020. While the performance is a huge improvement over win 7 pro and the look and feel options much overdue. There is a few aspects to the Windows 10 Professional...
  8. windows 10 professional

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 professional: I formatted my windows 10 PC to window 10 professional nut one of the drive that was bit locked before formatting won't open, each time I click on it it ask me to format the drive but I want to recover my information on it , how can I recover my information?....
  9. Windows 10 64x install error

Windows 10 64x install error: I have recently purchased Windows 10 for my PC I downloaded it from the website but then uploaded it to my USB stick to then install 64x. I have checked and my processor is 64x compatible. I open the application called setup and it says; " This app can't run on your PC, To...
  10. win 10 pro 64x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 pro 64x: there doesnt seem to be a lot of support for this upgrade, can someone advise the best downgrade option, im not too happy on the windows expirey date neither https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-64x/52b68220-89a3-460c-8f66-cb13e9ee3b67