Windows 10: Not typical Spotlight Question. Gurus needed.

Discus and support Not typical Spotlight Question. Gurus needed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, I have been working on this for a while, but cannot find ANY information about it. Boss and I have Windows 10 Pro. Both upgraded from 7 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zeppo, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Zeppo Win User

Not typical Spotlight Question. Gurus needed.

Ok, I have been working on this for a while, but cannot find ANY information about it.
    Boss and I have Windows 10 Pro.
    Both upgraded from 7 Pro.
    Both have Spotlight for Lock Screen.
    Same settings in all Settings options.
    BUT, in his top left corner, he has the Photos app icon, and it has a little info about the picture.
    https://i.imgur.com/ebu43Ux.jpg
    Riddle me that one, Batman.

Other facts: Photo app not in list of apps to show quick or detailed status.

:)

Zeppo, Mar 31, 2016

2. Question for gurus

standard modem over bluetooth link is part of the ms bluetooth stack i think, so this will be used most of the time. if the device needed a specfic driver it would use the nokia one.

the driver will not affect performance.

if you have edge, i would ask the network about it.

sister_bliss, Mar 31, 2016
  3. yk_nb Win User
    Question for gurus

Can anybody give a reasonable explanation to the below phenomenon:

- I have a Nokia E61;

- I have a laptop with MS and WIDCOMM BT stacks;

- when I try to install "Nokia E61 Bluetooth modem" driver, this modem NEVER works, and the modem does not respond;

- but if I install something like Standard Modem over Bluetooth link, everything is fine - this modem responds, connects to the Internet, etc.

So, my question is: WHY?

Were Nokia people too clever to forget to make their own driver work? Or there is some other reason?

And what about performance? Does the usage of the generic driver instead of special one affect the performance of the device? Will EDGE work on Standard BT modem link?

yk_nb, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

Not typical Spotlight Question. Gurus needed.

1. Not typical Spotlight Question. Gurus needed. - Similar Threads - typical Spotlight Question

2. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  3. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  4. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Winkey in full screen mode- “not typical question”

Winkey in full screen mode- “not typical question”: while i’m playing a game on my pc , the WinKey upon being tapped, immediately flicks the screen to black, then momentarily after pops up the Desktop with the Start Menu open. this occurred after an update to the system a month ago. it used to only make the toolbar appear with...
  6. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  7. Windows Spotlight - Questions

Windows Spotlight - Questions: I've been fighting the 'ever-irritating' Windows Spotlight lock screen issues and I have a couple of questions. First off, I *think* it is working on my machine(s) but I don't know for certain. 1) When should I expect the image to change? Once every 24 hours? At each cold...
  8. Windows Spotlight Question

Windows Spotlight Question: Hey just a quick question regarding windows spotlight. Normally I dont lock my PC as its in my room and nobody else uses it except for me. I was just wondering should the backgrounds change if you have it set to Lock screen windows spotlight so you only see the screen...
  9. Spotlight help needed please

Spotlight help needed please: Hello, I'm baffled as usual. The "do you like what you see message" only shows a blue screen where the picture should be, all the text is there but no picture. The strange thing is that the picture shows in the preview section where you turn the feature on or off. All...
  10. Need help with "Typical Microsoft Double Talk"

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with "Typical Microsoft Double Talk": Hi, Getting this warring Event ID 11 on event viewer on every boot. Custom Dynamic link libraries are loading for every application. This seems important enough to me, to at least make an attempt to repair. But I can't make any sense of how to go about fixing the...