Windows 10: Not work correct windows search

Discus and support Not work correct windows search in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't type windows search nothing. 182944 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Qick, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Qick Win User

Not work correct windows search

I don't type windows search nothing.

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 23, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Totig Win User

Using Marketplace in WM7 - no predictive search or corrections

Hi, I have noticed that when using Marketplace and performing a search within the Zune player, if you dont spell an artist/song name exactly, then Zune will not come up with any results. This is very poor user experience, as when using Bing, it does
    offer suggestions. For instance, searching Meetloaf finds nothing (does not even offer suggestions/corrections), but obviously meatloaf does.

Totig, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Not work correct windows search - Similar Threads - correct search

2. Certain Windows 10 Taskbar elements search, weather, date/time not working correctly, I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain Windows 10 Taskbar elements search, weather, date/time not working correctly, I...: I've been having bother with this for a while. Here is a video of the behaviour. It was recorded at the start of this month July but I was too lazy to make this post until now: https://streamable.com/x4ppf7 As you can see, clicking search and the weather button brings up the...
  3. App icon not showing correctly in search bar

in Cortana
    App icon not showing correctly in search bar: When searching for apps in the search bar the app icons comes up with an icon that is not correct. I have only had this problem since I updated my windows earlier today. I have restarted windows explorer, my pc, windows search, and app icon cache. I have also done a repair...
  4. Search function in File Explorer is not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in File Explorer is not working correctly: step to reproduce: 1, in any folder, create a file named "ConfigurationManager.txt" 2, search "manager" 3, result is nothing how can I fix this?...
  5. Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it?

Why does my icon not display correctly when I search for it?: Hello, I am having a problem where the icon looks like this: [ATTACH] Even though in Windows Explorer, it looks like this.[ATTACH] Why is this happening? I already deleted the thumbnails and rebuilt the icon cache. Can anyone figure out what is happening?...
  6. Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly.

Windows 10 searching for old username after name change/ won't open correctly.: Hello, I recently went into my administrator user so I could change my regular username folder from my mother's to my own. When I went back to log in again, it said something like "error, username dusic cannot be found" dusic being the old name, Jio being current and while I...
  7. Windows 10 20175.1000 Start menu search not showing correct results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20175.1000 Start menu search not showing correct results: I have been having issues using the windows search function I am on the insider dev build currently although the issue has been present for longer than this. When I search for example "calculator" nothing comes up. When I search for "word" which I have installed on my...
  8. Windows apps have the same icons as photos when I search them. They have the correct icons...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows apps have the same icons as photos when I search them. They have the correct icons...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h03q6a/windows_apps_have_the_same_icons_as_photos_when_i/
  9. Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly: [ATTACH] I'm not sure how long this bug has been there, however renaming folders from Windows File Explorer search messes up the folder names. The folder ends up with two folder names: 1) The new folder name, which appears in the Windows File Explorer UI 2) The old...
  10. Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Search not working correctly: Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a search bar in win10. I just did a clean windows install and noticed that the search bar doesn't find some of the things I'm looking for. For example, if I searched for "sound" or "remove" before reinstalling windows, the search...