Windows 10: Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP

Discus and support Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I use WPF application over RDP, .NET using only CPU instead GPU for processing DirectX: https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/issues/3215 Will this fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Вячеслав Вакарин, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP

When I use WPF application over RDP, .NET using only CPU instead GPU for processing DirectX: https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/issues/3215

Will this fix be in the November release .NET5.0?

:)

Вячеслав Вакарин, Oct 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 getting HEVC H.265 Codec to use Hardware Acceleration

Playing HEVC H.265 videos using Windows Media Player and GoPro Quik then the 4k 60 fps video appears all stuttering and becomes a slideshow. The CPU usage is going through the roof and it's not using Hardware Acceleration. I have installed the "HEVC Video Extensions" from Microsoft Store. When I use the app "Movies & TV" for playing the video file then it uses around 1% CPU and Hardware Acceleration seems to be enabled.

How can I get Windows Media Player and GoPro Quik to use Hardware Acceleration?

"HEVC Video Extensions from Device Manufacturer" (Free version that works with licence software like GoPro Quik): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hevc-video-extension/9n4wgh0z6vhq

I have tried following:

1. Uninstall all codecs, also the "HEVC Video Extensions" from Store: Windows Media Player plays only the sound, screen is black. Unable to open video in GoPro Quik
    2. Installed K-Lite Codec Pack (w/HEVC codec): Windows Media Player plays the video with both video and audio smoothly. The playback is hardware accelerated as it only used 1% CPU. Unable to open video in GoPro Quik
    3. Install "HEVC Video Extensions" from store (Regardless if K-Lite is installed or not): Windows Media Player plays video with both video and audio but it's stuttering. Playback is not hardware accelerated and it uses near 100% CPU. GoPro Quik is now able to open and edit the video but it's stuttering, using 100% CPU on playback and hard to edit the movie

System specifications:

• Windows 10 Pro N, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.165
    • Intel i7-8700K @ 3.7Ghz (8th gen, coffee lake, newer then Kaby Lake)
    • 16 GB Ram
    • Nvidia GeForce 1070 GTX (Driver version 398.82 which is the newest)

One solution would be using software like Handbrake to convert the video file from H.265 to H.264, but I consider that a "hack" as this really should work with my system spec.

Arne H. Bitubekk, Oct 5, 2020
  3. ftlTyler Win User
    Notifications not showing from WPF app

I'm having trouble seeing toast notifications from a WPF app that I've built in Visual Studio 2017. About a month or so ago, these notifications were working fine. I had already gone into the Windows settings and enabled the notifications for this app.
    However, my app is no longer in the list of applications that can have notifications enabled or disabled. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this. How do I make them come back?

ftlTyler, Oct 5, 2020
  4. MrSeanKon Win User

Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP

Enable visual styles in WPF application

EUREKA!

Steps:
    1) I made a Windows form (HostWPF namespace, Form1 is the form).
    2) I added a reference => System.Windows.Forms.Integration which contains classes that enable interoperation between the Windows Forms and WPF technologies. When you use System.Windows.Forms.Integration classes, you can host Windows Forms controls on WPF pages, and WPF elements in Windows Forms-based applications.
    3) Then added a control (damn Vi$ual $tudio 2010 does not allow to add a WPF window) but after adding I edited the XMAL code in the way I want *Wink Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP ;)
    4) The next steps are simple. Download the first attachment. But => see the photo.
    It crashes!!!!!
    5) Finally???
    We must use System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit(); command because the WPF window behaves like a classical Windows Form.
    Download the second attachment. Note that the Windows form's name is Initial.
    Enjoy!

MrSeanKon, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP

1. Not working h/w acceleration for WPF app. over RDP - Similar Threads - working acceleration WPF

2. RDP on android app does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP on android app does not work.: So basically when I try to connect to my PC over my local network the screen would turn white for a second before returning me to the connect page. This is basically what happens. Here is a video of it happening...
  3. RDP on android app does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP on android app does not work.: So basically when I try to connect to my PC over my local network the screen would turn white for a second before returning me to the connect page. This is basically what happens. Here is a video of it happening...
  4. RDP on android app does not work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working: My Samsung laptop keys w, e, g, h are not working I have tried advance troubleshooter it said no need for update or changes made it is two years old windows 10 OS never had such a problem before can you help?...
  6. RDP Over Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Over Internet: I saw someone here ask about RDP over the internet and they decided to go with TeamViewer because port-forwarding for RDP is extremely insecure. I want to use Microsoft RDP so I should probably set up a VPN but I'm not sure how I can do that without any external hardware (for...
  7. RDP over internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP over internet: Is there any safe way to do that? Maybe set up a VPN server first? or restrict access to only specified workstations? If yes, is there any good ressources on how to do that? submitted by /u/Skodd [link] [comments]...
  8. Static Audio over RDP

Static Audio over RDP: Static audio over RDP is happening to me client-side on my Windows 10 Home x64 1909 computer. No pressure here, because the best minds haven't been able to sort it out yet. I am long-winded, so I want to mention upfront that the problem is with microphone only - I can hear...
  9. Win10 deactivated (I didn't change H/W)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 deactivated (I didn't change H/W): Hi All - while attempting to troubleshoot another PC I naively took out my SSD with a long time working/activated Win10 and popped it in the other machine. Very quickly I thought uh-oh and put it back in the original and unchanged PC. Now my machine thinks my hardware has...
  10. Hardware Acceleration Over Remote Desktop

Hardware Acceleration Over Remote Desktop: I'm trying to connect to a computer that has an NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 3D graphics card over Microsoft Remote Desktop. When I do, the graphics card on the remote computer does not get activated. Any idea on how to solve this issue?...