Windows 10: Not Working Scanner after windows update

Discus and support Not Working Scanner after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not Working Scanner after windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by baezacozta, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Not Working Scanner after windows update

Not Working Scanner after windows update

:)

baezacozta, Sep 4, 2018
  2. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Not Working Scanner after windows update [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! *Smile

ARichard, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Scanner not working after Windows 10 update

We understand that the update is causing an issue on your scanner and for us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the make and model of your printer/scanner driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to prevent your Windows 10 from updating:

Step #1: How to temporarily prevent
    a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.
    See the section that says Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. as well as the information on it.

Step #2:
    Run this diagnostic tool to prevent updates.

Step #3: If you're using Windows 10 Pro you have the ability to Post-pone incoming updates:

Defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Step #4: Restart your computer to apply changes.

Please get back to us with some answer and results.

Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Not Working Scanner after windows update

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Not Working Scanner after windows update

1. Not Working Scanner after windows update - Similar Threads - Working Scanner update

2. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  3. Scanner not working after Window update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner not working after Window update: My Scanner is not workingI have Micosoft 365 support helped me to reinstalled it but still not working.Cuurent error message - "Cannot find scanner. Check the power and the cables"I confirm the power is on and the scanner is connected to my...
  4. Scanner not working after Window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not working after Window update: My Scanner is not workingI have Micosoft 365 support helped me to reinstalled it but still not working.Cuurent error message - "Cannot find scanner. Check the power and the cables"I confirm the power is on and the scanner is connected to my...
  5. My Scanner is Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Scanner is Not Working After Windows 10 Update: This heading is the same as a thread that has been locked. This post is submitted for general information. I have a Windows 10 machine connected to two scanners namely-1 an Epson Perfection V750 flatbed scanner and 2 a Canon scanner which is part of a multi-function Canon...
  6. My Scanner is Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Scanner is Not Working After Windows 10 Update: My scanner was working just fine before I upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I open up the Scanner page and click scan, a message pops up saying "Problem connecting to scanner: We can't find a scanner. Attach it to your PC or go to PC settings to add it." I have my printer USB...
  7. Scanner Not Working After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi, I have a Canon PIXMA MX850 multi-function printer/scanner, connected via our LAN. Since the update to Win10 2004 this week I can still print but cannot scan. The Canon Network Scan Utility cannot 'see' the scanner, though Windows still recognises it, in Device Manager...
  8. Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows: I have an HP Envy with a fingerprint scanner, which worked fine until I did a Windows update today. I checked my settings and it says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint."...
  9. Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update: Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/scanner-will-not-work-after-windows-10-update/5e283c9b-8fbd-4cb1-88c1-8d7ff667b3d1
  10. Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scanner stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi, Yesterday my Windows decided the time has come and provided me with some updates. I can't tell what was in that package but they promised more security and protection online. After that my scanner software stopped working - it throws I/O error while connecting to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update scanner not working