Windows 10: Note to NordVPN users - your PC hidden from LAN

Discus and support Note to NordVPN users - your PC hidden from LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a long struggle trying to figure out why my laptop would access the WAN and Internet, but nothing on the LAN, I finally tracked it down to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by schmidklaus, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Note to NordVPN users - your PC hidden from LAN

After a long struggle trying to figure out why my laptop would access the WAN and Internet, but nothing on the LAN, I finally tracked it down to nordvpn-service. After reporting to NordVPN, they told be they had a feature under Advanced Settings labelled "Invisibility on LAN" which would hide the PC from the LAN. Why you would want that puzzles me.

The symptoms of the problem:
    1. Computer accesses the Internet and any resource on the WAN.
    2. Computer does not see any other devices on the LAN and can't be seen by other devices.
    3. You an successfully ping devices/sites on the WAN.
    4. You cannot ping devices on the LAN and devices on the LAN cannot ping this computer.

My laptop is an Acer X53 running Win 10 Pro version 2004, but this situation will probably be true on any PC running the latest version of NordVPN.

:)

schmidklaus, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Note to NordVPN users - your PC hidden from LAN

1. Note to NordVPN users - your PC hidden from LAN - Similar Threads - Note NordVPN users

2. High cpu and ram usage from a hidden user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu and ram usage from a hidden user: How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-and-ram-usage-from-a-hidden-user/81f11bd3-d999-4fff-a978-5e56feefb8ee
  3. High cpu and ram usage from a hidden user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu and ram usage from a hidden user: How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-and-ram-usage-from-a-hidden-user/81f11bd3-d999-4fff-a978-5e56feefb8ee
  4. High cpu and ram usage from a hidden user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nordvpn locks up PC

in Browsers and Email
    Nordvpn locks up PC: I had been using Nordvpn for a while and it was either locking up my PC or really slowing it down. I know most VPN's will slow down the internet connections but it had got unbearable. I just had to uninstall Nordvpn and I am no longer locking up and speed of the internet is...
  6. Creating a hidden user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a hidden user: Hi everyone, I'm running a PC w/ Windows 10 Pro v.2004 and is not on a domain. I want to make my administrator account hidden from the user account screen. Instead, I want an option that says "Other User" where I can type in the account's Username if I ever need to log...
  7. One PC disconnect from wireless LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One PC disconnect from wireless LAN: This happens when the second PC is left connected over night. It is not a huge problem since a restart of the PC in question will reconnect to the wi-fi. The other PC which is also left running, does not have that problem. This issue started a few months ago. I ( my spouse)...
  8. Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC

in Windows 10 News
    Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC: But while cryptojacking and ransomware continue to be widespread threats, other attackers have continued to quietly deploy a potentially much more damaging threat: trojan malware. As the name suggests, trojan malware sneaks onto your PC by disguising itself as something...
  9. HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR: How to activate HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR IN WINDOWS 10. why it is said can be activated but we should not do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-user-administrator/6bb7cf15-14ff-4605-9388-536fc66e8581
  10. Remove "hidden" user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove "hidden" user: I have what might be a similar problem Trying to resolve confusion with accounts on wife's PC. We upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 about a month ago. Background. She got the PC from her mother who is 92 and not interested in computers. Mother-in-law was given PC by a...