Windows 10: notebook battery

Discus and support notebook battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey there, I have a ROG GM501GM gaming note book and since the couple of months i have a problem with my battery. the problem is i cant start my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by karan2003, Feb 8, 2021.

1. karan2003 Win User

notebook battery

hey there,

I have a ROG GM501GM gaming note book and since the couple of months i have a problem with my battery.

the problem is i cant start my laptop without mine ac adapter so i have to be connected to electricity, but if i turn my laptop on i see that my battery is fully charged. what could be the solution of this problem ?

kindly regards Karan

:)

karan2003, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

notebook battery

HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

Update January 24th 2017, see: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement

Read more: HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program

Brink, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

notebook battery

1. notebook battery - Similar Threads - notebook battery

2. Samsung notebook 9 pro 15 inch model battery dies early

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung notebook 9 pro 15 inch model battery dies early: New battery installed with full capacity. Windows 11 has been reset. Smart battery calibration done through system BIOS. Problem still persists. Battery cycle count is at 5 now on the new battery. Need help to resolve this. I believe it may be a software issue as this problem...
  3. Samsung notebook 9 pro 15 inch model battery dies early

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung notebook 9 pro 15 inch model battery dies early: New battery installed with full capacity. Windows 11 has been reset. Smart battery calibration done through system BIOS. Problem still persists. Battery cycle count is at 5 now on the new battery. Need help to resolve this. I believe it may be a software issue as this problem...
  4. Battery Showing 0% but charging, I have windows 11 22H2, My model is hp spectre x360 notebook

Battery Showing 0% but charging, I have windows 11 22H2, My model is hp spectre x360 notebook: I woke up and my laptop was at 0% but still shows that it's charging so I assume the battery is not dead, I then reset the computer and the problem is still here. I also got CMOS checksum is invalid several times, I run a battery report but didn't show much because I reset...
  5. Battery Showing 0% but charging, I have windows 11 22H2, My model is hp spectre x360 notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Showing 0% but charging, I have windows 11 22H2, My model is hp spectre x360 notebook: I woke up and my laptop was at 0% but still shows that it's charging so I assume the battery is not dead, I then reset the computer and the problem is still here. I also got CMOS checksum is invalid several times, I run a battery report but didn't show much because I reset...
  6. Hello , My Proline notebook shuts down at 50% battery , what might be the Problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , My Proline notebook shuts down at 50% battery , what might be the Problem??: Hello , My Proline notebook shuts down at 50% battery , what might be the Problem?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-proline-notebook-shuts-down-at-50-battery/de40d93a-724e-4b6f-8c3e-b3cb42a86310
  7. Hello , My Proline notebook shuts down at 50% battery , what might be the Problem??

Hello , My Proline notebook shuts down at 50% battery , what might be the Problem??: Hello , My Proline notebook shuts down at 50% battery , what might be the Problem?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-proline-notebook-shuts-down-at-50-battery/de40d93a-724e-4b6f-8c3e-b3cb42a86310
  8. Notebook Won't Boot Windows on Battery & Corrupts Windows. Boots okay on AC, and runs fine...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notebook Won't Boot Windows on Battery & Corrupts Windows. Boots okay on AC, and runs fine...: This is a last ditch effort, getting desperate here. I am listing all the issues and thorough diagnosis below in detail. Just hope we don't get some MVP suggesting a reinstall - please read all before answering.DEVICEASUS Zenbook S UX391FA - 3 years old, Win10 64bitSYMPTOMSA...
  9. Notebook Won't Boot Windows on Battery & Corrupts Windows. Boots okay on AC, and runs fine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notebook Won't Boot Windows on Battery & Corrupts Windows. Boots okay on AC, and runs fine...: This is a last ditch effort, getting desperate here. I am listing all the issues and thorough diagnosis below in detail. Just hope we don't get some MVP suggesting a reinstall - please read all before answering.DEVICEASUS Zenbook S UX391FA - 3 years old, Win10 64bitSYMPTOMSA...
  10. Notebook Won't Boot Windows on Battery & Corrupts Windows. Boots okay on AC, and runs fine...