Windows 10: Notebook built in microphone stoped working whenever earphones are plugged

Discus and support Notebook built in microphone stoped working whenever earphones are plugged in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This issue started this year , notebook doesn't recognize any new recording device and disables built in microphone whenever something is plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RafaelFerreira Santos, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Notebook built in microphone stoped working whenever earphones are plugged

This issue started this year , notebook doesn't recognize any new recording device and disables built in microphone whenever something is plugged in the audio entrance. I've already updated the drivers and run the problem solver and it didn't help

:)

RafaelFerreira Santos, Sep 17, 2020
  2. BDani Win User

Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't

I have sennheiser mm30i earphones, and they have a built in microphone.
    Whenever I plug them in, everything is fine and the sound is good, but when I try to speak in games, Skype, etc, then the microphone isn't working.
    I have Realtek HD Audio Drivers installed. I tried playing around with the configuration, but with no success.

Thanks.

BDani, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Built in microphone not working when earphone plugged in

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you are not able to use the built in microphone when an earplug is plugged in. this issue occurs when the microphone is not configured properly. I suggest you to configure the microphone on the system and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Steps:-

1. Right click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.

2. Go to Sound.

3. Under Recording tab click on
    Configure.

4. Select and set up microphone

5. Select Desktop Microphone.

6. Check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 17, 2020
  4. OliPoli Win User

Notebook built in microphone stoped working whenever earphones are plugged

Built-in laptop microphone stops catching sounds, after plugging in my "earpods" (apple earphones)

So, if i dont have any earphones/headphones plugged into my jack (i only have 1 jack in my samsung laptop) the microphone works fine, when i plug my brothers earphones (they have mic built in, im sure you know how it looks), the laptop is catching sounds
    from earphone's microphone. My last 2 pairs of earphones broke *apple cables* and i found my old earphones (same as brothers ones) from my iPod, so they dont have microphone built in, when i plug 'em in jack, laptop isnt catching any sounds in any aplications,
    ive treid using realtek hd audio manager, other settings in device manager ect. but nothing seems to fix this problem.

I think that my laptop is trying to catch sound from external mic. but my earpods doesnt seem to have one...

Is there any way to force my laptop to use internal microphone everytime? So it will catch sound from my laptop's mic. not from jack.

(when i connect earpods to my phone, everything works fine coz my phone is using internal, not external microphone)

I have windows 8.1

Waiting for help

Olaf

OliPoli, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Notebook built in microphone stoped working whenever earphones are plugged

1. Notebook built in microphone stoped working whenever earphones are plugged - Similar Threads - Notebook built microphone

2. Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my earphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my earphones is not working. I attempted to disable the earphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  4. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  5. sony mdr-ex15ap earphone built in microphone not working on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    sony mdr-ex15ap earphone built in microphone not working on Win 10: Hello there!I recently got these earphones, they seem to work fine but when I try to use Meet for example and start to speak in the microphone it doesnt seem to work. It almost like im muted.It works on my phone though....
  6. Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic

Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic: I'm having a recent issue after I reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, it started to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the microphone on my earphones. I have tried many possible solutions such as re-installing my audio drivers but that didn't work. For added...
  7. Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.

Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.: Hello, my microphone Maono au-pm461 TR doesn't work when I plug in any headphones, I tested "noname" headphones, Razer electra v2 and razer kraken essential. When I plug in microphone and headphones microphone doesn't work or headphones doesn't works for example I have error...
  8. Asus notebook with built-in camera and microphone

Asus notebook with built-in camera and microphone: I have a Windows 10Home Asus notebook with built-in camera and microphone. Camera is ok, but the microphone does not work though all the necessary settings are on. I purchased the notebook 2 weeks ago....
  9. Earphones' Microphone is not working

Earphones' Microphone is not working: Hello, I recently bought Apple earphones and am using them on my laptop hp and windows 10. I can hear well using them however, the microphone doesnt work unless I am pressing the button. For reference, I tried other headphones that I previously had another brand and they...
  10. Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't

Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't: I have sennheiser mm30i earphones, and they have a built in microphone. Whenever I plug them in, everything is fine and the sound is good, but when I try to speak in games, Skype, etc, then the microphone isn't working. I have Realtek HD Audio Drivers installed. I tried...