Windows 10: Notebook camera not working on apps

Discus and support Notebook camera not working on apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My camera does not work with apps although device managers say that the Camera settings are all turned 'ON' Is there a test to see if my front and/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeyNgan, Mar 28, 2020.

1. JoeyNgan Win User

Notebook camera not working on apps

My camera does not work with apps although device managers say that the Camera settings are all turned 'ON'

Is there a test to see if my front and/or back camera is even working?

:)

JoeyNgan, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Almighty1 Win User

Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Notebook camera not working on apps [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Mar 28, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Mar 28, 2020
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Notebook camera not working on apps - Similar Threads - Notebook camera working

2. zoho notebook app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zoho notebook app not working: zoho notebook app not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoho-notebook-app-not-working/db3719bb-99c1-48d9-8bcc-52262789784a
  3. zoho notebook app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zoho notebook app not working: zoho notebook app not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoho-notebook-app-not-working/db3719bb-99c1-48d9-8bcc-52262789784a
  4. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app not working: The camera app is just working fine yesterday but today all I can see is grey. I turned on the camera in my laptop and ensure that there is no blocker on it. Again, it is working yesterday. Tried to update Windows and still no help. I tried the repair and reset in settings...
  5. Camera app not working

Camera app not working: My web camera is not working. I am getting the below error Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244. Can anyone help resolve my issue Regards, Hemanshu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/b6fd8f99-67d2-4e02-b7c2-6fd8614d085e
  6. Camera App not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera App not working: Hi, My camera app is not working for Microsoft Teams. Error message "Your video is not working. trying unplugging and plugging your webcam" Privacy settings are ok...
  7. Camera app is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app is not working: Hi, My camera app is not working, its giving an error code:- 0xA00F4244. I went to device manager and searched the imaging device, their, I did not find any camera driver. So, I tried adding camera from "Add Legacy Hardware" but unable to install cemera as it was not...
  8. Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook: I have a newer ASUS Notebook with a licensed copy of Windows 10 installed. I recently had to have the motherboard replaced. Everything was working well for about a month after I got my computer back. Then, all of the apps in have installed stopped working properly. The apps...
  9. Camera APP not working

Camera APP not working: My camera is not working. It does not show up in Device Manager, only on my list of APPs. Can I delete it and upload in again--or what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/c2e8d6d9-27d1-4c2e-ace7-3b2da85230fc
  10. Notebook camera

Notebook camera: I have a new Samsung notebook and I cannot get the camera to work I have read the manual. When I click the app it comes up momentarily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notebook-camera/67f45bf0-3004-4823-945d-8b59749ba40d