Windows 10: notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. I have to insert my Win 10 Pro key

Discus and support notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. I have to insert my Win 10 Pro key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. It said that I just have to insert my Win 10 Pro key to activate it as Win 10 Pro. But it kept refusing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mursid W. H., Dec 6, 2018.

1. notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. I have to insert my Win 10 Pro key

My notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. It said that I just have to insert my Win 10 Pro key to activate it as Win 10 Pro. But it kept refusing the key. It is a valid key from my workplace, the one that we gave to all the PCs in my workplace, and they were all activated by that key. What's going on here?

:)

Mursid W. H., Dec 6, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  3. RobCoxXA Win User
    Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Dec 6, 2018
  4. notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. I have to insert my Win 10 Pro key

Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. I have to insert my Win 10 Pro key

1. notebook has already activated Win 10 Home. I have to insert my Win 10 Pro key - Similar Threads - notebook has already

2. Active Win 11 Pro from Win 10 Pro Bundle on Desktop & Notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Win 11 Pro from Win 10 Pro Bundle on Desktop & Notebook: Dear Team,Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro, which comes standard on desktop and notebook computers already bundled with hardware, to Windows 11 Pro?Please assist me with this.Thank you very much....
  3. Active Win 11 Pro from Win 10 Pro Bundle on Desktop & Notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Win 11 Pro from Win 10 Pro Bundle on Desktop & Notebook: Dear Team,Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro, which comes standard on desktop and notebook computers already bundled with hardware, to Windows 11 Pro?Please assist me with this.Thank you very much....
  4. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  5. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  6. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home: I have an old PC loaded with Win 10 Pro. As I cannot increase the RAM on this PC, I'd like to move to Win 10 Home. Is it possible with this license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-to-win-10-home/090c2436-3600-4f0d-8068-55f8030bddfe
  8. WIN 10 PRO key Downgraded To WIN 10 Home Automatically now my pc is not activated.

WIN 10 PRO key Downgraded To WIN 10 Home Automatically now my pc is not activated.: WIN 10 PRO key Downgraded To WIN 10 Home Automatically now my pc is not activated.One day suddenly my laptop says that my windows is not activated. when i open troubleshooter it says the key is for win 10 home. HELP!!!!...
  9. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key: hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it. however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro. can i activate my win 10 home...
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601