Windows 10: Notebook is trapped on boot sequence and can not even access the BIOS

Discus and support Notebook is trapped on boot sequence and can not even access the BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 is stuck on restart loop and I can not even access the BIOS. The NB was experiencing a problem that after a few minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EstebanGalu, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Notebook is trapped on boot sequence and can not even access the BIOS

Hi, my Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 is stuck on restart loop and I can not even access the BIOS. The NB was experiencing a problem that after a few minutes of being turned on the screen turned blurry and hashed. After trying unsuccessfully to repair the system or do a system restore through the Windows repair tool, I went for a clean Win 10 installation (I have my files backed up). Changed the boot order on the UEFI to USB, created a bootable USB drive with the Win 10 image on it and started the process. At some point it told me it would restart and since then it is stuck there. When I push the power on button, the button light turns on, the screen light flashes for a brief second and then after e few more seconds the sequence repeats itself. I've tried hitting Fn+F2 simultaneously to access the BIOS w no luck. Hitting the OKR button produces the same results. I've tryed disconnecting the battery and CMOS battery with no luck. Please help!

This video shows the exact same problem that I am having

:)

EstebanGalu, Mar 10, 2019

2. Boot Sequence

I want to change the boot sequence by another method than restart and F2.

Ideally being able to access the BIOS after the PC is running windows (W10)

Having done that I can restart and it then it will use the new sequence.

Not being at the PC physically I can't use F2 and change it before it boots as the only access I have is via LogMeIn which is not available until the PC has booted up therefore I don't get the chance to use F2.

Lord Garner, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Booting Sequence

Hi,

The boot order applies to any Windows operating system. It's a BIOS setting that can change the boot order of your device. What is the make and model of your device?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your device for the boot sequence since some manufacturer provides certain customization on the operating system.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Notebook is trapped on boot sequence and can not even access the BIOS

Pc boots to Bios only

Hi Michele,

Since your computer can only boot to BIOS, we suggest contacting your device manufacturer to check the boot sequence. If your under UEFI BIOS your boot sequence should be on hard drive or boot manager to make sure that the computer is booting up on the
    correct settings.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Notebook is trapped on boot sequence and can not even access the BIOS

1. Notebook is trapped on boot sequence and can not even access the BIOS - Similar Threads - Notebook trapped boot

2. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v: Hi, i tried to install android emulator on my dell laptop. When i first run the emulator it ask to activate hyper-v. So i went to control panel and tick the hyper-v option in add windows feature. Next my laptop went restart and it enter system diagnostic tool instead to...
  3. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v: Hi, i tried to install android emulator on my dell laptop. When i first run the emulator it ask to activate hyper-v. So i went to control panel and tick the hyper-v option in add windows feature. Next my laptop went restart and it enter system diagnostic tool instead to...
  4. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  6. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  7. Boot sequence

8. How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?: Processor: IntelR CoreCfM i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz; Motherboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA X58A-UD5In the POST display, it says 'Press DEL for BIOS' and 'Press F12 for Boot Sequence'. Pressing DEL, as also pressing F12, gets ignored; StartUp options can be triggered by...
  9. Can not Access BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not Access BIOS: I recently tried use BIOS to do some tinkering, but whenever I try to access it, It shows an Administrator password required screen. I went "Oh, okay", and typed in the Admin password for my Admin account, didn't work. I tried past passwords, but it still wouldn't budge. None...
  10. Can access bios but can't boot windows

Can access bios but can't boot windows: My computer keeps freezing either with the windows logo and 3 dots or the motherboard brand and two to three dots. I have a 1tb HDD that's 4 years old. An ASRock motherboard, an i-7 6700k, and 16gb of DDR4-2400 memory. The HDD has a copy of windows 10 on it but will not boot....