Windows 10: Notebook microphone does not work when I plug in my speakers via Aux?

Discus and support Notebook microphone does not work when I plug in my speakers via Aux? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, the problem is actually already quite well summarized in the title. As soon as I unplug the speakers the microphone works again. Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomkfive, Jun 27, 2020.

1. tomkfive Win User

Notebook microphone does not work when I plug in my speakers via Aux?

Hello, everyone,

the problem is actually already quite well summarized in the title. As soon as I unplug the speakers the microphone works again. Do you have solutions?

Many greetings

:)

tomkfive, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Wyanston Win User

Microphone not working when plugged in

When I plug my headset into my computer running windows 10 home, the microphone doesn't work, however when it is unplugged the microphone does work. I've checked if the cable is broken, and it isn't as the microphone works on all my other devices. I've run
    the troubleshooter for the microphone, and it says that it can not find the issue. When the headset is plugged in and unplugged the computer still recognises both the microphone and speaker as "Realtek (R) Audio"

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can do to fix this?

Wyanston, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Aug 6, 2020
  4. MboogBr Win User

Internal microphone works but when i plug in my external microphone it does not work.

My laptop's internal microphone works fine but when i plug in my 3.5mm microphone it does not work.

MboogBr, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Notebook microphone does not work when I plug in my speakers via Aux? - Similar Threads - Notebook microphone does

2. When i plug the AUX cabel

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i plug the AUX cabel: When i connect the AUX cable a window pops up to choose the connected device i set it as headset and saved the setting now i can't use mic when i connect the AUX HOW TO FIND THE AUDIO DVICE WINDOW TO RESET THE DVICE...
  3. When i plug the AUX cabel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i plug the AUX cabel: When i connect the AUX cable a window pops up to choose the connected device i set it as headset and saved the setting now i can't use mic when i connect the AUX HOW TO FIND THE AUDIO DVICE WINDOW TO RESET THE DVICE...
  4. When i plug the AUX cabel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11

My speaker AUX is not working on windows 11: I have bought Gamma GT 419 speaker that has AUX, SD slot, and Bluetooth. I have tried on my mobile and the bluetooth connection is working fine however, when I am connecting AUX to PC windows 11, there is no sound getting out of my speaker.I believe there is something wrong...
  6. Why does my Aux Microphone only works as a headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Aux Microphone only works as a headset: I have a microphone that plugs into the aux port on my laptop. My issue is that when I plug it into the aux port if I select "mic in" on the "what device did you plug in" prompt I am unable to get any input from the microphone at all, however if I select "headphones" then the...
  7. Why does my Aux Microphone only works as a headset

Why does my Aux Microphone only works as a headset: I have a microphone that plugs into the aux port on my laptop. My issue is that when I plug it into the aux port if I select "mic in" on the "what device did you plug in" prompt I am unable to get any input from the microphone at all, however if I select "headphones" then the...
  8. Why does my Aux Microphone only works as a headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. What does my microphone not work when my headphones are plugged in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does my microphone not work when my headphones are plugged in?: I checked and my laptops microphone is still selected. I also used the troubleshooter and it didnt find anything. submitted by /u/ObberGobb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf4k92/what_does_my_microphone_not_work_when_my/
  10. microphone: speaker cannot work when I plug in a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone: speaker cannot work when I plug in a usb microphone: I plug my USB microphone into my laptop, it can detect sound, can record sound, but my laptop cannot play the sound neither by computer speaker nor headphone, unless I pull out the USB microphone....