Windows 10: Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi every one. I'm From South Africa, house wife.....don't know anything about computers. I have 2 laptops...One shows as a note book the other as a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by berindasteenkamp, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store

Hi every one. I'm From South Africa, house wife.....don't know anything about computers.

I have 2 laptops...One shows as a note book the other as a laptop when I lookup my devises.my Q is when I'm trying to download apps from Microsoft store only the laptop is showing, the note book is not picked up.......never had a problem before , even use to share my apps via email to the laptop from the note book now I cant. The apps that I had downloaded before, some are no longer on the notebook. Can anyone help me fix this problem. I noted next to the notebook Berinda device is an ! and when I open it up there is nothing that can help me....Many thanks Berinda

Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store 054e5fd5-f7c8-464b-96b7-7d736ed82e66?upload=true.jpg

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Device......Help

:)

berindasteenkamp, Nov 4, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 4, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 4, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store

1. Notebook not showing as a device when I try to download apps from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Notebook showing device

2. whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...: Microsoft strore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-download-apps-and-games-from/dd5a6c18-b59f-4a43-b677-6aaecf4ed277
  3. whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whenever I try to download apps and games from Microsoft store it's shows try the download...: Microsoft strore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-download-apps-and-games-from/dd5a6c18-b59f-4a43-b677-6aaecf4ed277
  4. Trying to download Microsoft Store App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to download Microsoft Store App: On Win 10 Prp I\m trying to download Mi8crosoft Store. This address when running will not respond to the download button for Microsoft Store.https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/microsoft-store/9WZDNCRFJBMP?hl=en-us&gl=US . Help Please...
  5. Trying to download Microsoft Store App

Trying to download Microsoft Store App: On Win 10 Prp I\m trying to download Mi8crosoft Store. This address when running will not respond to the download button for Microsoft Store.https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/microsoft-store/9WZDNCRFJBMP?hl=en-us&gl=US . Help Please...
  6. Error when trying download app from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying download app from Microsoft store: HiI really do not know what to do, it's been a long time since I could download any app from the Microsoft store, first, it happened when I had Windows 10 and then I thought maybe if I install win 11 it will solve the problem but it does not help. I added some pictures of...
  7. Error when trying download app from Microsoft store

Error when trying download app from Microsoft store: HiI really do not know what to do, it's been a long time since I could download any app from the Microsoft store, first, it happened when I had Windows 10 and then I thought maybe if I install win 11 it will solve the problem but it does not help. I added some pictures of...
  8. Error 0x803F81F5 when trying to download apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x803F81F5 when trying to download apps from Microsoft Store: It started just today when in forza horizon 4 the game told me fortune island DLC wasnt installed but it was so i tried to reinstall but it gave that error, for EVERY app i tried to install, i have only 1 device, ive tried everything from updating store, windows, deleting...
  9. Error code: 0x00000194, when trying to download apps from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code: 0x00000194, when trying to download apps from Microsoft Store: I can not use this app normally ,it can not download any app in it. wrong code is: 0x00000194 CV: DPvBeFqIWUOtrJLV ***Original title: Microsoft store cannot download any app***...
  10. tried download app from microsoft store "pending" ?

tried download app from microsoft store "pending" ?: tried download app onto edge but am getting only "pending" notification.. yet apps downloaded yesterday without glitch. whats causing this?*Shock what? no help yet? I guess ill have to ask elsewhere.*Mad 78446