Windows 10: notebook pc faults and graphics co-processor involvement

Discus and support notebook pc faults and graphics co-processor involvement in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Compaq CQ62 I have previously asked questions about is being rebuilt by my cousins husband.he is swapping the hard drive, and upating it to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Owen N, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Owen N Win User

notebook pc faults and graphics co-processor involvement

The Compaq CQ62 I have previously asked questions about is being rebuilt by my cousins husband.he is swapping the hard drive, and upating it to windows 10. He says that the win7 key can be reused for this. Is this correct?​

He says the I3 processor seems to be running slowly, and is looking to see if it can be replaced by a better one, as I have had done​

with my ASUS machine.​

I suspect the graphics co-processor could be contributing to the poor performance, which only occurs when doing graphics animation.​

Otherwise, the PC seems to run OK.​

When he gets it back together, I will get my partner to run a facebook online game, and see if it misbehaves.​

The win10 update should get rid of any suspect drivers which could be contributing to the fault.​

Does the graphics fault scenario sound feasible, or could similar errors be created by the previous win7 system.​

(slowdown leading to a system hangup when running motion graphics?)​

If the rebuilt compaq fails the graphics test, I suppose I could get another laptop off him-he has dozens in various states of repair.​

He says that some good 2.5 inch hard drives are good for at least 10 years running - seagate, panasonic, hitachi etc.​

-this would give a log spec of at least 500 days continuous running.​

The main things that seem to fail on notebooks are the usb and other plugs, the battery, and the CD optical drive.​

-my asus has a swapped-out cd (dvd) drive and several dud usb , video, and sound sockets, to the point where I am running a ​

usb multplier on my remaining good plug. and an external usb sound unit.​

I can't go spending 1500 NZD on a new notebook, and I suspect the 750 NZD​

ones are not as quick as mine with the i5 processor.​

:)

Owen N, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Pavilion dv7-4273us Ent. Notebook PC - AMD Graphics Drivers w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Have you installed graphics drivers?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

And also install all the latest drivers (Graphic) from the manufacturer web site

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 9, 2019
  4. notebook pc faults and graphics co-processor involvement

Ashphalt not working HP G42 Notebook PC

Ashphalt 8 Airborne not even starting im getting Gameloft logo and it crashes.

System :HP G42 Notebook PC.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308). Intel HD graphics

Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU

Memory: 3072MB RAM faulting module combase.dll,

smartieram, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

notebook pc faults and graphics co-processor involvement

1. notebook pc faults and graphics co-processor involvement - Similar Threads - notebook faults graphics

2. Windows 10 and 11 co-exist on a PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11 co-exist on a PC?: I have a new Dell PC with Windows 11. I would like to ADD Windows 10 to the PC as I have a program that is not yet certified for Windows 11 and will not load under that OS Windows 11.Is there any way to ADD Windows 10 so I can boot up in either W11 or W10?Thanks....
  3. Hp notebook pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp notebook pc: I have an HP notebook pc 2000-428dx that came preinstalled with windows 7. I Did the windows 10 upgrade. Now I have to replace the hard drive. I have a couple of questions. I'd like to to get a larger memory hard drive but dont know what size i can go up to. Also, I bought...
  4. Run with graphics processor option gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run with graphics processor option gone: I’ve read that with the 2004 (I think it’s 2004, my pc is fully updated) update that option is gone. I want it back. I went to the windows gpu settings and selected some apps to run on “high performance” (1050) but when I open those apps, they do not open on the gpu and there...
  5. Photoshop graphic processor -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photoshop graphic processor -: Hi, I need to access Perspective warp tool on photoshop. However, It is greyed because I currently have a Toshiba pro L850 1DT laptop with an intel R HD Graphics 3000 and am advised this is up to date. Adobe advise I check updates and get the latest drivers installed....
  6. Best processor to graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best processor to graphics card: What will be the best processor for this graphics card? https://amzn.to/2UHOiv9
  7. pc processors

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc processors: I read one can: type msconfig in run choose boot then advanced Check next to number of processors -in my case from 1 to 4. Does this increase performance and is it advisable? Is there any drawback to doing so? 125203
  8. BSOD when trying to do anything involving NVIDIA graphics card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying to do anything involving NVIDIA graphics card.: As stated in the title. I occasionally had BSOD issues when I was using win8, I think it was a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or something, when I updated to win10, I started to get a blue screen any time I tried to play a game. Somehow my bf and I fixed that error, only to get a...
  9. Graphic Driver download based on motherboard or processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Driver download based on motherboard or processor: hi, i have a question in my mind! i download a graphic driver according to my motherboard or my processor thank you motherboard = zebronics h61 processor = pentium dual core G630 95418
  10. MSI Notebook not using GTX 970M Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI Notebook not using GTX 970M Graphics: Hi. I just realised that my MSI Notebook GE62 2QF Apache Pro is using the integrated intel graphics instead of my Nvidia GTX 970M when going into my advanced display options. I have installed the latest nvidia graphics drivers for my chip and tried to disable the integrated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nidiva driver for hp notebooks