Windows 10: notebook pc is very slow

Discus and support notebook pc is very slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a hp notebook pc . It is performing very slow for a long time. tried every possible ways but not improved. pls suggest any other solution.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Biswa66, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Biswa66 Win User

notebook pc is very slow

Hi, I have a hp notebook pc . It is performing very slow for a long time. tried every possible ways but not improved. pls suggest any other solution.

Intel core i3 3rd gen, 4GB RAM, 500 GB sata HDD, win 10 (1809)

getting stuck when opening applications, taking long time to come welcome screen and password box, taking time to open application.

found no malware, virus after scan. still slow.

I also have a query that If I do reset with keep my file option then will it go back to win 8.1 or it will reset back to win 10 1809 version as I upgraded frm 8.1 to 10.

How to confirm that my recovery partion contains win 8.1 or win 10?

:)

Biswa66, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 13, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Oct 13, 2018
  4. clinux Win User

notebook pc is very slow

Linux for a slow PC

I was searching for my problem & came across your question. So registered to suggest distro for slow pc.

Try DSL (awesome), Slax (Good) .
    distrowatch.com is your friend.

clinux, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

notebook pc is very slow

1. notebook pc is very slow - Similar Threads - notebook very slow

2. Very Slow PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Slow PC: Windows 11. PC becomes very slow, and almost freezes with CPU and Memory both at 60%. Then after a long time, the screen goes black for a few seconds and comes on again with the PC now becoming absolutely fine. Now, CPU shows at below 10%. Please help. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X...
  3. Very Slow PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Slow PC: Windows 11. PC becomes very slow, and almost freezes with CPU and Memory both at 60%. Then after a long time, the screen goes black for a few seconds and comes on again with the PC now becoming absolutely fine. Now, CPU shows at below 10%. Please help. AMD Ryzen 5 3600X...
  4. My pc is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is very slow: Hello, A few days ago, I wanted to reset my computer because I had too many files and I wanted to get rid of them. When I reset it, I got an error and my computer kept restarting. I had to buy a new version of Window to get it to work and since then it has been extremely slow...
  5. pc randomly becoming very very slow

pc randomly becoming very very slow: i have an infuriating issue, where every so often, my computer will slow down immensely, apps stop responding, even the mouse cursor lags. i have no idea what causes this, as there is no way to know and whenever it happens i open up task manager to all of the component load...
  6. PC very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC very slow: My pc recently started to be very slow and I don't know the reason for why it's slow. It might be because my ssd is full where my windows is installed on but I don't understand why is my SSD full so fast because 2 days ago I left it 19gb free and now it's 1,4gb free...
  7. PC very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow: My pc recently started to be very slow and I don't know the reason for why it's slow. It might be because my ssd is full where my windows is installed on but I don't understand why is my SSD full so fast because 2 days ago I left it 19gb free and now it's 1,4gb free...
  8. PC very slow

9. PC Very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Very slow: Can anyone help with sorting a slow PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-very-slow/c15cbabe-12f4-4dd7-a945-de658f412325
  10. New PC Is Very Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Is Very Slow: I just got a new PC today and it's really slow, like to the point where it takes 2 minutes minimum to do anything and it crashes as well as white screens very often. Since it's new I've only downloaded Spotify and steam and have 800gb free as well as 8gb ram. How can I help...